Chapter 2

Five Years Later.

Amethyst.
I silently watched as Vaye ordered her servants around. We were currently preparing for Weiss and Eva's visit. Of course they will be accompanied by my bestest friends who were also their mates. Unlike any other visits, this was important because Vaye was finally introducing me as her mate. For the past five years, the vampires outside of the castle only knew me as Vaye's sex doll or friend but that wasn't true. First of all, Vaye and I haven't had sex yet because I'm still not ready. And Vaye and I were much more than just friends. We were mates for freak's sake.

But I guess at least the vampires in the castle weren't that dense because some already knew that I was their queen's mate. Some would give me a knowing look whenever I passed by. I told Vaye about this but she only laughed and brushed it off. She wasn't really that bothered and I guess I overreacted.

Moving on, today was a very special day to me. Today and onward, I will no longer be known as the weird human in the castle. I will be known as the human mated to the vampire queen. And I guess I'll be the one having the last laugh. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm nervous as hell. Hopefully, Pearl and Sapphire will be able to give me some advice. Pearl and Sapphire were already introduced by their mates. Pearl was the first one and since both Eva and her were werewolves, no wolf disapproved of it. Even Eva's mom was ecstatic about it.

For Sapphire, it was a lot harder. When she was introduced as Weiss' mate, some witches didn't like that. They said vampires were immature and reckless. But after saying that, the witches were instantly thrown into the dungeon. No one saw them again after that. I'm a little scared to ask Weiss about what happened to them. But ever since then, the witches and wizards accepted Sapphire as their future queen. And Sapphire didn't want to let them down so she began learning about witches. Crazy, right? Sapphire studying? Sounds like a joke but it's true. I'm proud of her.

I guess you could say a lot has changed in five years. Vaye and I were inseparable, our relationship is still getting stronger each day. I even started to train because of her. Then there's Sapphire and Weiss. Their relationship is also doing really good. But of course, Sapphire's still teasing Weiss and Weiss is still a tsundere. As for Pearl and Eva, the two have gotten so much closer. I think they don't fight like kids anymore but they occasionally bicker though. And Pearl once told me that she and Eva once did nothing but sex for a whole day. I still can't believe that Eva and Pearl were the first ones to do the nasty. I thought it'd be Sapphire and Weiss since Sapphire was horny 24/7. I guess Weiss disciplined Sapphire.

"Baby!" I shrieked when someone yelled near my ear. I looked at my right and saw Vaye chuckling at me.

I pouted, "Rude."

"I've been calling your name but you were ignoring me. What was I supposed to do?" She stated, raising an eyebrow at me.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know, tickle me or something."

Vaye nodded, "Noted." She then gestured me to stand up which I did. "The others are arriving soon, we should probably head outside to greet them." I followed Vaye outside of the castle. I staggered a bit because of my heels. Because of the event today, I had to look like a queen or at least that's what Wade told me.

Once we were outside, I was quick to put on the sunglasses that Vaye handed me. I looked up, just in time to see a helicopter above us. I covered my ears as I watched the helicopter land in front of us. I still didn't understand why they'd rather ride a helicopter than a car. Sure a helicopter was faster but a car was safer and on the ground. Rolling my eyes at the helicopter, I watched as Weiss got out first. Weiss immediately spotted us so she began approaching us.

When she was finally near, I embraced her which didn't surprise her anymore. Whenever I hugged Weiss, she would always be hesitant and shocked but I guess she got used to it. I'm just glad that Weiss wasn't that stoic in front of me anymore. I pulled away from the hug when I saw Sapphire. I grinned when Sapphire approached me and we did our signature handshake.

"What's up, bros?" She grinned as well.

I chuckled, "Doing good, bro."

"What about me bro?" I looked at my left and saw Eva playfully glaring at us. I laughed and gave her a quick hug. When I pulled away, I saw Pearl and immediately went to hug her. Pearl laughed and hugged me back.

"It's nice to see you again, Pearl." I whispered. I always felt small and protected when I was with Pearl. She was like the older sister that I never had. I saw Pearl like that because my real older sister was a total bitch.

"Are you excited for your big day?" She asked as she pulled away from the hug with a smile.

I shrugged, "I'm nervous. What if they don't like me because I'm a human?" Pearl shook her head at my statement.

"If they don't like you then that's their fault. And besides, you have their queen and two more queens on your side." I giggled at what she said. It was true, I had Vaye, Weiss and Eva with me. I guess I shouldn't be that afraid.

Pearl and I then began heading inside, along with the others. As we were getting near the throne room, I could feel my heart beat faster. I didn't know if it was because of Vaye introducing me. But I honestly felt so nervous that my stomach began hurting. I mean, I assumed my stomach ache was because of my nerves.. or maybe it's because I have to go poo?

"Definitely because you gotta take a shit." Sapphire answered, laughing loudly. I rolled my eyes and showed her my beautiful middle finger.

Ever since Vaye taught Sapphire how to read minds, she's been doing it nonstop. I hate it because I was always her target. Sapphire can't read Pearl's because Pearl already threatened her. And Sapphire was afraid of the others so she stuck with me, a human. So since Sapphire wasn't scared of me, I became her target. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't the weak one in our group. They all have awesome strengths but I only have my charming face! My beautiful face won't save me from a war.

But it was slightly okay since I knew how to get even stronger. I just had to convince Vaye to turn me but we haven't talked about it yet. Hopefully, when we do talk about it, she'll agree. I know Vaye loves me very much and she'd probably agree to whatever I want but she can be stubborn sometimes.

I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked at my right and saw Sapphire. I scowled, I completely forgot that Sapphire was reading my mind! But before I could scold Sapphire, she shook her head.

"We'll talk about it later. For now, you need to be known as Amethyst Scott, the mate of Vaye Throwne." As soon as those words left her mouth, my heart began to beat faster.

Because of my thoughts, I forgot about what was happening! I looked around and noticed that the others weren't with us anymore. Sapphire chuckled, "They're already in the throne room. I knew you were distracted so I decided to wait for you. Now come on, little troublemaker. It's time to let the world know who you are."

"Your mate is waiting for you, Amethyst."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "This is it. It's time."

"I am Amethyst Scott and I am your queen's mate!"