Chapter 36

Amethyst.
No.. that was a lie. I don't remember praying.. I've never prayed ever since I met Vaye. Even after meeting Angeline, I never got the motivation to pray. After everything that I've learned about angels and their true colors, who in their right mind would still pray to them? I'm not that naive.. I knew that Solous was lying but as I looked around me, why did everyone seem to believe him? Why were the vampires, witches and wolves looking at me with betrayal and hate? Maybe.. maybe I did pray? But for some reason, I really could not recall a memory of me praying.

Solous smirked and pointed at me, "That child is in pain and her pain is caused by all of you. She lives her life in sorrow and regret for having to be caught in a war where she is not needed."

"I shall bring her to where she can truly find her happiness, her peace and her solitude." Solous stated, his smirk slowly turning to a smile as he took a step forward.

Vaye suddenly appeared in front of Solous, "Watch it, bitch. Lay a finger on my queen and you'll wish you were never created by your god."

Solous grinned as his eyes glowed, "Ah, King Gilan is disappointed in you, Amethyst, choosing to live life amongst supernaturals is not to be taken lightly, human. There are more to them than what you know."

I couldn't say anything, it was like I was frozen, I wanted to yell at him, I wanted to tell Solous he was lying but my mouth wouldn't move. All I could do was stare into Solous' golden eyes, his eyes were so bright and shiny, it felt like I was staring into heaven itself. I took a step forward which caught Vaye off guard.

She immediately blocked my way, "What are you doing, Amethyst?" Vaye asked, her eyebrows furrowed. I didn't answer, instead, I tried to push her away but that didn't work since she was obviously stronger than me.

Vaye frowned and cupped my cheeks. She tried to make me look at her but my eyes were focused on the shining angel behind her. "Baby? What's wrong?"

"Amethyst!" I didn't turn around when I heard Pearl yell my name.

I felt good, when I ignored Vaye and Pearl, I suddenly felt good like I had done something to be proud of.. What in the world is happening to me? Suddenly, everything that I believed in was wrong. Vaye and the others.. they're the bad guys, they're the antagonists.

My eyes widened when I realized this new piece of information was true, I glared at Vaye and pushed her away. "Y-You've been lying to me!" I exclaimed.

Vaye frowned, "What do you mean? I never lie to you, Amethyst."

I looked around me and saw every supernatural eyeing my every movement, even Sapphire and Angeline came to see what was happening. I had eye contact with Angeline and her eyes widened.

"Vaye, do not listen to her, that is not Amethyst speaking, it is Solous." Angeline stated, eyeing me as she slowly approached me.

I took a step back and glared at her, "You're even more of a liar, Angeline! The angels were not satisfied with your ruling because you were never a queen! I don't know why god picked you, maybe the one above us isn't so wise after all."

I heard Solous chuckle, "Now, now Amethyst, it is alright to defy our former queen but it is never alright to speak doubt about our creator. Although.. what you speak of is true, our god will not be happy to hear that."

Lucilia clicked her tongue, "He's trying to possess her." She stated while suddenly appearing in front of me.

Angeline stood beside Lucilia and the two started to weirdly stare at me, specifically into my eyes. Angeline cupped my cheeks and made me look into her eyes. I didn't understand what was happening, all I knew was that Vaye and the others have been lying to me. I've been siding with the enemy this whole time, I hope god will forgive me.