Chapter 40

[T. W.] Torture, Decapitation.

Vaye.
I watched as Wade kicked Solous hard on the stomach, she began to kick him over and over again with a smirk displayed on her face. She kept hurting Solous whilst whispering venomous words into his ear, she wouldn't stop and I just let her. In a way, I knew Wade was letting out her frustrations and not just beating him up for me. Being her queen and the literal vampire who raised her, I could tell she was hiding something from me.

Wade is my right hand woman, my friend and my soldier but sometimes she can also be a stranger. I guess I haven't been a good friend to her these past few months. Being too focused on the stupid war, the angels, Lucilia and my soon to be wife.. In a way, I ignored her.

Sighing, I crossed my legs as I asked Wade, "Penny for your thoughts or am I gonna have to read them?"

Wade gave me a confused look, "I do not understand, your majesty." As much as I wanted to take a peak in her mind, I couldn't. Wade will tell me if she wants to.

"You're not okay, are you?"

Wade froze for awhile before throwing Solous' almost lifeless body against the wall. She sighed, "I guess, yeah." I wasn't surprised when she started talking informally. It means she was talking to me as a friend.

"Talk to me, Wade." I softly said, giving her an assuring smile.

"I talked to Rena yesterday. I asked her about my mate and all.. she uh, she said I should stop waiting." Wade gave me a sad smile in return.

I frowned, "Maybe Rena didn't mean it.."

Wade shook her head, "She told me she didn't want to get my hopes up so she told me to stop waiting.. it's just.. it hurts. Pardon me for my words, my Queen but seeing you and Amethyst makes me happy for you truly but I'm also envious of your relationship.. I don't care if my mate is a guy or a girl or non-binary, I just want someone to love me."

"Wade.. mates come in unexpected times. They're like lost things.. when you're looking for them, you just can't seem to find them but when you're not looking for them, they just magically appear." I gave her a smile as I continued, "Trust your mate, Wade. I'm sure you'll meet her when you least expect it."

"Her?"

I nodded, chuckling, "Yes. I have a feeling no one in this book is straight." Wade gave a confused look in reply so I stated, "Ask Gaia, that bitch knows everything."

Shaking my head at Wade's even more confused expression, I stood up and approached the unconscious archangel on the floor. I poked his forehead and got little to no reaction. I frowned, "Is this motherfucker dead already?"

"I don't think so, my queen. Surely archangels aren't that easy to kill."

I hummed, "But this one here happens to be the weakest among all archangels."

"He's not dead." I turned around and saw Weiss approaching me with her signature expressionless face.

"What are you doing here?"

She shrugged, "I wanted to see what you were planning to do to him besides beheading him." She then took a seat on the chair that I was sitting on earlier.

I nodded at Wade and she immediately got the message. She bowed at the two of us before leaving the room. I then faced Weiss, "Do you have any more suggestions?"

She smirked and I instantly knew that whatever Weiss had in mind.. it's going to be painful, I almost felt sorry for Solous.. almost. With an amused chuckled, I stated, "Spill it, Hudson. We don't have all day."