Chapter 67

Pearl.
I sighed in relief as I finally shifted back into my human form. Fighting five angels all at the same time proved to be extremely difficult. Especially since I was never much of a fan of violence in the first place. Fortunately though, I managed to get the upper hand which made them retreat. I was relieved when they left as I'd rather my enemies surrendering or running away than I, having to take the responsibility of deciding when one's life will end. I then took a seat on the ground to gather myself. Although I was victorious in my recent battle, I did not win unscathed. By now my body was covered with bruises, cuts and both fresh and dried blood.

I was so exhausted already. The war was taking too many hours and soon it will be midnight before we know it. It's best if we can win the war before the night falls but at this pace, I'm starting to believe the war may last for days. All we really had to do to win the war was to defeat their leader, Gilan. Speaking of that fraud of a king, I wonder what's happening in the throne room? I know for sure that Lucilia hasn't defeated Gilan as the demon would send a signal or would announce loudly that she has defeated the angels' leader but nothing of the sort has happened so far. They've been in that throne room since the war started, maybe defeating Gilan proved to be difficult.. but then again, Gilan, albeit a false one, was still a leader. Of course it would be difficult to defeat him. But Lucilia was a leader as well.. perhaps their powers were on the same lengths?

Oh! That reminded me of the human, Angeline. I looked around and took a sniff, immediately getting the scent of the human. I groaned and shook my head in annoyance. I told her to go back to the hut! She clearly did not listen as I can smell her scent all over the castle! Her scent was particular strong in the halfway behind me which made me become even more annoyed. It's the hallway that led to the throne room. Irritated, I stood up and began marching to the hallway.

I began walking straight to the throne when I noticed that Angeline's scent was slowly disappearing the closer I reached the throne room. I don't understand..? If her scent slowly deteriorated as I neared the throne room then she must not be inside? But her scent was incredibly strong in the hallway. I took a step back from the throne room and frowned.

Something.. something doesn't feel right. I must mind link with Eva.

Eva, love, where are you?

My Luna? I saw Sapphire and we're heading to the castle now. Where are you? I'll come to you right now.

Eva, listen to me, something is wrong. Find Weiss, Vaye and Gaia and bring them to the throne room. It's where I'm at right now.

The throne room? But Lucilia said not to interfere with her battle with Gilan. I knew that arrogant bitch was too weak.

No.. I.. I don't understand either but I just have a very bad feeling. I won't go inside the throne room yet, I'll wait for you. Do hurry. I love you.

We won't be long. I love you too.

I bit my lip and slowly walked away from the throne room and stopped at a safe distance. Whatever was happening in that throne room, I cannot go inside yet. There could be many scenarios happening in that room.

If Lucilia currently had the upper hand, I'd just be in her way. I don't have the same strength to be able to defend myself against Gilan's attacks. If Gilan were to target me than Lucilia, the demon would feel obligated to protect me rather than to defeat Gilan. I can't have that happening.

But if Gilan had the upper hand in their battle and I entered the throne room.. I'd be defeated as well and my sweet Eva would be devastated and would die along with me. I can't have that happening either.

Both scenarios were extremely dangerous and could result into my untimely demise so I've no choice but to stay here and wait for the others. Call me a coward for not entering the throne room but I value rationality and my life more than making decisions based on uncontrollable emotions. I bit my lower lip as I felt my heart start to beat faster. I knew there was another scenario that I intentionally left out and it was taking its toll on me.