Rising Queen: Chapter 2

Angeline.
I clearly underestimated the mate bond and its influence. It has been two weeks, two whole weeks and yet Lucilia still believed that what I had stated about us being mates was a lie. She has avoided me every single time I tried to approach her. It hurt so much that I spent two days crying in my room, just because Lucilia wouldn't talk to me. I just.. I love her so much. I want her back so much. But how? She suspected me as a fake.. In the past, even when Lucilia had her memories and we did not have any interaction, she still knew me and acknowledged me. But now.. now she didn't even look at me.

"Angeline? Are you mopping around again?" Despite Sapphire's rather unusual way of greeting me, I remained silent as I pondered about what to do later. Today was an important day. Amethyst came up with a plan to somehow convince Lucilia to go out with me. Although we weren't really going out like on a romantic outing, Amethyst told Lucilia that she had to visit the human city, in order to become more comfortable with her new life as a human. And Amethyst made an excuse about not being able to come with her so she suggested that I accompany her instead.

Of course I was ecstatic when Amethyst shared her plans with me but I felt nervous that Lucilia would decline. But by the grace of god, Lucilia accepted Amethyst's offer. Speaking of which.. thinking of god.. felt a bit different now. I could not comprehend whether it was a good type of different or not. But I felt that I may have strayed a bit from god after what Gilan did to Lucilia. I did not like it one bit. I have been raised to become a servant of god and straying from god went against this. Maybe I'll pay a visit to the church after Lucilia and I stroll around the human city. Unfortunately, there were no churches here in the vampire kingdom, nor in the witch or wolf kingdom. Churches can only be found in the human cities.

"Angeline? Hello? Are you in there?" I snapped out of my thoughts and opened the door.

Amethyst smiled at me whilst Sapphire suddenly leaned in, analyzing my face. "So you weren't mopping around? Damn, I lost the bet to Eva." Sapphire sighed and leaned back.

"Don't mind her, Angeline. I wanted to ask you-" Amethyst stopped talking as her eyes took in my clothes. I was wearing a simple brown sweater with an adorable bear printed on it. My sweater was paired with brown sweatpants that also had a bear design on it.

"Don't tell me you're wearing that when you go out?" I blushed and shook my head, embarrassed.

"O-Of course not!" In reality, I was actually considering wearing it. I thought bears were cute and that maybe if Lucilia saw me wearing something that had cute designs on it, she'd find me cute as well. Although judging from Amethyst's reaction, I may have miscalculated. I.. I was never much of a fan of fashion.. or a fashionista as what Amethyst called it.

Sapphire laughed, "Why not? You look beary nice!" She then elbowed Amethyst, "See what I did there? Beary? You know? 'Cause it sounds like very? And she has bear designs on her clothes? So it's beary? Yeah?" When none of us laughed, Sapphire frowned and scoffed before turning around and leaving.

"Bunch of fucking boomers. I'll tell Diosa my joke, I know she'll laugh. Although she'll probably laugh at me instead of my joke.." I heard Sapphire mutter as she walked away with a scowl.

"I swear, I thought Weiss had already tamed her but I guess you can never tame what's untameable in the first place." Amethyst stated, giggling as she watched Sapphire trip over a rock.

I chuckled as well as Sapphire quickly stood up and started yelling at the rock. "She's quite eccentric but that's exactly her strong point."

Amethyst chuckled, "Exactly! Anyways, let's go to Pearl's room. I think my clothes are too small for you but I think Pearl may be the same size as your.. melons." I tilted my head in confusion as Amethyst stared at my chest with burning rage.