Chapter 1

Angeline.
I do not know how it feels like to be surprised. I've never felt it. For me, everything was the same. In heaven, everything was predictable. We do one thing and do it again and again. We answer prayers, save people, give advices and praise God everyday. It's always been the same. As the queen, I'm used to it. But I never felt like I was actually a queen. Yes, I could order people and I mostly took care of the angels but their loyalty was not with me. They were loyal to our God. One little mistake from me would cost me everything. They would report it and I would be exiled.

I sighed as I watched the people below me. Today, I had decided to step away from my everyday schedule. Instead of being in heaven and communicating with my fellow angels, I came to earth. I originally planned to see Hope but I figured that she was busy. To be honest, Hope and I weren't that close.. I was never close to any of my colleagues. I always kept to myself because I loved it that way. But I never felt lonely. My company was myself and that was enough for me.

I looked behind me when I heard footsteps. Before me was Zarius, a fellow angel. I smiled at him as he sat beside me. He smiled back, "How are you, my queen?"

"I'm doing great. How are you?"

Zarius grinned, "I'm doing great as well." He stated as he looked down to gaze at the humans.

"Why are you here, my queen?" He asked, his eyes still glued to the humans below us. I didn't answer at first because I wasn't sure if he'd like the real reason why I was here.

I cleared my throat, "I wanted to clear my mind." Zarius hummed in return. Sighing softly, I shifted my attention back to the humans.

In my years of living, I've been surprised like once or twice. After that, I've never been surprised again. I guess everything around me has been predictable but that was when I was in heaven. In earth.. I couldn't even dream about predicting what happens here. It was always so unexpected and so mysterious.

Right now, I was surprised. My eyes were wide and my jaw was dropped. My reaction was very not queen like but I couldn't help it. As I stared at the two women whose lips were against each other, something built up inside me. I did not know what it was, the feeling was very unfamiliar. My only thought was; what were they doing? I do not understand, what was that? What were they?

I nudged Zarius who was absentmindedly humming to himself. He looked at me, confused. I pointed at the two women below who were still doing it. Zarius' eyes trailed to the two women and his reaction was different from mine. He smiled! I was surprised once again.

"What are they doing, Zarius?" I asked, I could not take my eyes off the two women. The taller one was beautiful, she had shiny black hair and the most charming brown eyes. The shorter one was also beautiful, she had stunning blonde hair and calming blue eyes. They were both breathtaking.

"They are kissing, my queen." He answered, seeming nonchalant about the whole situation.

"I-I've never seen two women kiss before, Zarius." I stated, my eyes still glued to the women who were now laughing together.

"It's called homosexuality, my queen. Not many angels know about this." Hearing that unfamiliar word oddly gave me comfort. I did not know what was wrong with me.

"As far as I know, you are the second angel to ever know about this.. rather unusual type of relationship. I've seen two men kiss before and I had the same reaction as you, my queen."

"I'm assuming you are the first one?" He nodded.

I observed the couple more and realized that they were happy. They were holding hands and just smiling whilst talking to one another. They looked really happy. "Maybe its not so different from a woman and a man together." I whispered, still staring at the pair.

Zarius only raised an eyebrow at me, "What are you planning, my queen?"

"I want the angels to hear about this. I want them to know the beauty about.. what was it? Right, homosexuality." I stood up and looked up.

"Tell the angels to stop whatever they are doing. We are having a meeting." Zarius stood up as well. He bowed at me before flying to heaven.

I watched the two women once more. I raised my hand and a light shone. I guided the light towards the two as I prayed, may these two succeed in life together. I closed my hand and watched as the two walked away with my light guiding them. I smiled at them before using my wings to fly to heaven.

Once I reached heaven, the angels were already there, waiting for me. They were all silent as they watched me sit on my throne. Besides me were the angels that were given special titles by God himself. I was a little nervous when I cleared my throat and started talking.

"Today, I have called all of you here to tell you what I've seen from earth. What I saw confused me and was very foreign to me. It was different and odd but special."

"It was about two women sharing a kiss." I stated.

As soon as those words left my mouth, everybody started talking. I frowned as I heard some angels saying that it's a sin. I opened my mouth to rebuke them but Gilan yelled, "Silence!"

I sighed in relief and was about to thank Gilan but he was glaring at me. I scowled, "You don't have the right to look at me like that, Gilan." I scolded him.

He laughed, "I have no right? You have no right! You are no fit for a queen! Do you not know that love between the same gender is a crime?! Are you that dense, Angeline?! What kind of queen encourages something that is against our belief?! You should be ashamed of yourself."

A lot of angels were agreeing with him whilst the angels beside me remained quiet.. except Melphim. "Gilan is right! Angeline is not fit to be our queen! She never was and she never will be! I say we take her down!"

I gritted my teeth and yelled, "You can't do that! I am the one with authority!"

Gilan smirked, "Not anymore!" He then looked at the angels that were watching us. "Do you all wish to be ruled by a queen that cannot respect our belief? A queen that ignores our opinions? An angel that sides with the devil?!"

My heart broke when they all yelled, "No!"

Gilan then looked up, "That's your answer, queen or should I say, traitor!"

"But if Angeline is no longer our queen, who is there to rule us?" Jevan asked, looking concerned.

Gilan smirked, "I shall give it a try." When no angel complained, it was decided. Gilan was the new ruler. He was the new king.

"What shall we do with her?" Melphim asked, looking at me with so much disgust. I looked down as tears streamed my face. Why? I just wanted to do what was right. What did I do wrong?

Phalmus spoke, "Do not kill her. Strip her off her powers and leave her in earth. She will not be able to hinder us that way."

"In short, make her a fallen angel." Gilan stated, grinning. He approached me slowly. My eyes widened and I tried to escape but Melphim was already behind me, he held my elbows to stop me from running.

Gilan stood before me with a grin, "By the power invested in me, I hereby strip Angeline Grace from her title as queen of angels. She will continue her life as a human in earth. Hear me, Father."

Just like that, I felt my eyelids get heavy and before I knew it, I was surrendering to darkness.

"The great queen has fallen!"

[A/N] Welcome back! I hope you guys missed me because I missed y'all. So what do you guys think of Angeline? Do y'all like her? Because I really like Angeline. 

Anyways, enjoy reading~!