Chapter 35

Amethyst.
I frowned and threw my wooden sword on the ground. Sighing, I looked around me. There were multiple vampires, witches and wolves training but none seemed to be interested in helping me out. I was training alone today, Vaye, Weiss and Eva were busy gathering more troops. Meanwhile Lucilia and Sapphire were nowhere to be seen, I've always thought Sapphire was scared of Lucilia so it was weird to know that the two were hanging out. Then there's Angeline and Pearl who were both in the library, Pearl wanted to know more about angels and Angeline was more than happy to help her.

Other than that, I heard from Sapphire that Willow's coming today to monitor and train the witches. I mean I'm happy that I'll be able to see Willow again, she's a very great friend, she's taught me everything I need to know about.. erm vaginas but the thing is.. Willow hasn't found her mate yet and I'm not sure if she's over Pearl. I'm not completely positive that Willow actually has feelings for Pearl but I do know that Willow's got her eye on Pearl.

I'm worried that with Willow being here, it might cause conflict between Pearl and Eva.. and whenever those two get in a fight it always gets so ugly. Geez.. I really do hope Willow feels nothing for Pearl besides friendship..

"Amethyst? Are you okay? You seem out of it." I looked behind me and saw Wade. I smiled, another friend I've made while living here was Wade. She's always been very kind to me, kind of like the older sister I've always wanted.

"It's nothing, really. I'm just.. well, I'm just trying to think of ways to get better at that." I shrugged and pointed at my wooden sword on the ground.

Wade nodded, "Well I suppose I can teach you a bit. Now, let's see.. what do you know so far?"

"I.. well.. s-swords?" Gosh, can I be even more of a dork?

Wade chuckled, "Let's start with the basics. Remember, the goal of the sword is to cut down your enemy. Use your sword to swing at your enemy, cut their arms, hands or if you want, you can stab them. But keep in mind that you should never underestimate your opponent, especially since we are fighting against one of the most powerful beings. Since you are a beginner.. I say let's polish your counterattack."

I gulped and watched as Wade picked up my wooden sword and handed it to me. With trembling hands, I reluctantly took the sword and faced Wade who was giving me an encouraging look.

"For instance, let's say your opponent decided to close the distance and raise their sword to attack you, what should you do?" She motioned towards the wooden sword with a raised eyebrow and it made me freeze.

Should I cry and beg the angel not to kill me? Or maybe I could go back in time and stop myself from coming out of the closet? Or.. oh! I should probably just use my adorableness to get out of the situation.. I mean angels can't resist adorableness.. right? I heard a sigh from Wade and that made me look at her with a confused expression.

Wade chuckled and shook her head, "No, Amethyst. You do not cry and beg for mercy, you cannot go back in time and stop yourself from coming out and you cannot act cute in front of the enemy."

I blushed, "Okay! Okay! I get it!" I then covered my face with my hands and groaned, "I just don't do well with anything related to violence.. I mean if it was against my so called family then I'd be okay with killing them but these are angels.. and I've been taught my whole life that angels were merciful and benevolent creatures.."

I felt a hand pat my shoulder, "I'm sorry, your majesty but as much as I'd like to comfort you by saying that maybe angels still have good in them.. I can't. This is our reality, your majesty. Angels are manipulative, they are hypocrites and they do not deserve your respect. An enemy of our queen is an enemy of our kind."