Rising Queen: Chapter 20

Rising Queen: Alpha's Queen.
Pearl Riverdale and Eva Wolfe.

Today was the day of my wedding. Jessie said that time would be a problem if we did both my wedding and coronation in the same day so we opted to separate the wedding. I honestly did not mind if we did mix both events. I was never much of a fan of being the center of attention, therefore I honestly just wanted to be done with this. Besides, I still didn't think that marriage was necessary but I suppose I've grown too outdated with the times.

I cared far more for my coronation than the wedding. Once I'm crowned queen, I will be able to help Eva more. The wolf kingdom and its people needed a bit of work. All those years of preparing for the war and everything caused the kingdom to become lost from the technology of today's generation. I told Eva I would work on that whilst Eva would focus more on the problems and rivalries between packs. We've already gone over our plans for the kingdom and the first step was my coronation.

I'd say, it still amazed me how Eva can be such a goofball outside of her title but when she's working, she's working. She does not mess around and she's very dedicated to her people and her kingdom. Jessie was right to make Eva her heir. Her late wife must be so proud of their little daughter.

Eva and Vaye have even started coaching Sapphire on how to run a kingdom alongside Weiss. Obviously, the two cannot be Sapphire's advisors but they were kind enough to look over Sapphire as my redheaded friend was unfortunately too unfamiliar with ruling. Weiss helped whenever she could but she's honestly very busy. I've heard some witches have gone rogue and were planning to steal the book that sealed dark magic. I knew only Weiss knew where the book was so I wondered why the witches would even try, they clearly had no chance against their queen. The case was currently on going and Weiss has made major process as she's captured most of the witches.

She's even asked me if I wanted to torture them with her but I politely declined as I was still uncomfortable with violence, especially torture. Vaye and Eva, on the other hand, gladly accepted Weiss' offer. Their little fun killed half of the captured witches so it's safe to say that I will never step foot in Weiss' dungeons.

"Don't tell me you're getting cold feet." I turned around and was met with my bridesmaids. They were Amethyst, Angeline, Weiss, and Willow. Amethyst was my maid of honor as she's the one who started our story, everyone's stories.

I smiled and shook my head, "Absolutely not." Amethyst giggled and poked my sides to tease me.

"Still, you look absolutely beautiful, Pearl." Angeline stated, smiling widely at me.

"Thank you, Angeline. You're all very beautiful as well." My bridesmaids wore matching colors of gold and silver. Eva and I decided that our wedding would have the theme of gold and silver to symbolize our wolves. Gold was for Evalyn whilst silver was for Perla. Eva originally wanted to go for blue and violet to match with my hair and eyes but I told her the day was about us, not me.