Rising Queen: Chapter 24

Rising Queen: Until DeathAngeline Grace and Lucilia Devon

Angeline Grace and Lucilia Devon

Lucilia and I ended up playing a lot of games in the fair. After making out in the ferris wheel, we tried all sorts of games such as the water gun, the ball toss, the fishing game, and so much more. I almost always ended up losing most of my turns whilst Lucilia managed to win a lot so it's safe to say that she's been collecting all sorts of stuffed toys for me. I was just happy that Lucilia seemed to have as much fun as I did and that's all that mattered to me.

We already left the fair earlier and were heading to our last destination before going home. It's been a long day therefore we were both feeling quite tired but Lucilia said she didn't want to end the date like this so she's driving us somewhere else first.

As I looked over at Lucilia who was focused on driving, I couldn't help but smile. I really felt special today, more special than when I was crowned, or when I awarded. This.. woman who claimed to be full of hate and anger treated me like a princess. She spoiled me, she took care of me, and she made sure I was happy. She changed a lot. Her appearance, her body, her voice, her attitude, and her personality.. but I also felt like she never changed. It felt like it's my first time knowing her but also like I've known her for ages.

I just.. can't wrap my mind around how perfect she was. We were humans and as humans, we can't feel the mate bond.. but for us, it felt like the mate bond never left. Even when we were both angels, even when she was a demon and I was an angel, or when she was a demon and I was a human, and now as both humans, the mate bond.. the chemistry, and the connection between us have always remained. The undeniable spark between us never left.

Thus.. whatever she wanted to tell me, whether it was positive or negative, I didn't feel anxious about it anymore. I realized that I just have to trust the bond between us.

"Alright, we're here." She turned off the engine.

I looked around and smiled as I recognized the white sands and the familiar sound of the ocean. "You didn't tell me we were going to the beach. I would've brought some swimsuit."

She chuckled, "I didn't drive us here to swim.. although that could be a good idea. I wanted to go for a walk with you, and I thought you'd like the beach."

"Mhm, I do like the sound of the ocean." I got out of the car with Lucilia following suit.

We removed our shoes and placed them in Lucilia's car before heading to the beach. We then began silently walking. There was no specific destination in our minds this time, we just walked to whatever our feet led us.

"So.. just let me talk for a while before you say anything, okay? Is that alright with you?" She asked, her eyes staring into mine. Without any words, I nodded.

She smiled before looking away, "So.. uh.. as you already know, I didn't really remember you when I first woke up." I remembered that.. it was one of the most painful day of my life. Not being recognized by the love of your life.. felt worse than dying physically.