Chapter 60

Angeline.
I smiled as I watched Lucilia turn over in her sleep. We have just finished a round of passionate love making so Lucilia was evidently tired. As I was still an amateur in the field of physical romance, my queen took over. She did not seem to mind though, rather, she told me it made her feel even more powerful. I giggled, remembering her words and smiled in content as I caressed her cheek. These were the moments that I will treasure until my death.. peaceful moments with Lucilia by my side. Oh how I'd love to live in a simple house with her. We'd live next to nature, our days consisting of nothing but each other, falling in love deeper, and spending our lives together forever. It's a dream.. a dream that I pray and hope will come true.

Smiling, I leaned in and was about to plant a kiss on Lucilia's forehead when she suddenly sat up, causing us to bump foreheads. I groaned and held my forehead, "Lucilia? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Not answering, Lucilia immediately stood up and began wearing her clothes in a hurry. "Dress yourself now!" She suddenly ordered, making me flinch. Confused, I hurriedly stood up and began putting on my clothes. Once I was dressed, Lucilia suddenly carried me bridal style and ran fast to Weiss' office.

As soon as we reached the witch's office, Lucilia put me down. I didn't know what was happening but the queens and their mates were all in Weiss' office. They all looked deadly serious as well.. oh no, could it be..?

Weiss gestured me to stand next to Amethyst to which I silently obeyed. "Prostátepse tous práous." After hearing Weiss' spell, I felt oddly calm and safe as if there was a hidden guardian protecting me from harm.

"W-What's going to happen to us?"

Lucilia snapped her fingers, drawing attention to herself. "Weiss, Vaye, and Eva, handle two archangels for each of you, I expect you all to win. Protect your people and your dignity as queens. Sapphire and Pearl, stay together, I assume the two of you can handle one archangel. I'll handle Melphim and Gilan. Amethyst and Angeline, go with Wade, Rena, Gaia, Willow and Cynthia, do not go anywhere without them."

I could feel my heart drop when Lucilia announced that I was to be with Amethyst and the others. I knew I was incapable of protecting myself and fighting another angel.. but I.. I had hoped that I'd stay by her side when the war starts.. I could not imagine being able to survive with thoughts of the safety of my lover and friends lingering in my mind..

Lucilia then turned to Wade and bared her fangs, "Protect my mate with all of your might or else you will fall victim to my wrath." Wade flinched and nodded furiously.

"Last but not the least.. aim for their biggest weakness! God and their wings! Do not hesitate to ask for help when needed. Now go! I suspect their arrival to be in thirty minutes."

Before Lucilia could leave, I immediately ran to her and embraced her tightly. "L-Lucilia.. I-I.. I need to stay with you." I whispered, burying my head in the crook of her neck.

I could feel her sigh and rub my back in soothing circles. "Darling.. I can't. When Gilan sees you, he will come after you and I can't let that happen no matter what. I must face Gilan and defeat him. When I finally kill him, his angels all over the world will stop fighting against every single homosexual. I've made my people, Vaye's people, Eva's people and Weiss' people scatter around the world to protect the gays. As a queen, I can't let them down." She then looked at me and pecked my lips softly.

"And as your mate.. I have to keep you out of harm's way." I bit my lip as I suppressed the tears from escaping. I was foolish.. what help would I even be if I stayed at her side during the war? I would only be a burden, potentially exposing her to more dangers as I am her weakness.