Rising Queen: Chapter 21

Rising Queen: Alpha's Queen.
Pearl Riverdale and Eva Wolfe.

A week has passed since my wedding with Eva. I could not remember much about the after party as Perla and I were too tired and absentminded throughout most of it. Thankfully, Eva, my ever so protective wife, made sure nobody, except our friends, disturbed me. Evalyn, on the other hand, felt guilty for getting carried away so she apologized to Perla and I. Although Perla made sure to show Evalyn how much she enjoyed the.. escapade in the limousine. It was a memory I'd rather not reminisce. It still baffled me how Perla and I had such different personalities.. maybe the Moon Goddess had a good laugh when she created us.

After the wedding, I went out of my way to prepare for my coronation. I practiced with Jessie, had meetings with the council, and helped progress the technology around the kingdom with both Eva and Vaye's help. We had just discussed the possibility of developing new technology that gained energy through the moon, much like the opposite of solar power. Using the sun was a good option but as werewolves, we were better accustomed to the shadows of the moon. Thus, we've been experimenting and researching regarding this idea.

I've also began studying more about how to rule a kingdom properly. I learned, through Weiss, that it was not wise to be such a benevolent leader, that one way or another, I had to learn how to put my foot down in certain situations.. she also told me that kindness was weakness which was a rather controversial statement. But I appreciated her input and advises as she's been a queen for far longer than I.

Hence, through all of the rigorous training and studying I did, I was confident that my coronation was justified, that I was not being crowned just because I was Eva's mate, but because I actually deserved it. I didn't want people to think that just because you're mates with someone with a higher status like a queen then that means you automatically become a queen or king as well, no, it's not like that. You have to earn it, the title, the power, the kingdom, and the people. And that's exactly what I did. Of course, I instilled this thought into Sapphire and Amethyst, and I sometimes even studied and trained with them. They're both doing exceptionally well and were on their way to becoming great rulers.

In just a moment, I will be stepping into the heart of the wolf kingdom and the council will be waiting for me. All of my friends will be there, even the kings and queens of the fairy kingdom, the elf kingdom, and others. Surprisingly, even Lucifer, the new king of hell, was here, as he declared his alliance with Eva. The coronation of a new ruler was truly not to be taken lightly, all of the neighboring and allied kingdoms were to attend and witness the event therefore even with my preparation, I was still nervous.

As I sat in the secluded room with my heart in my mouth, I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself.

"Everything will be fine. Nothing will go wrong."