Chapter 57

Amethyst.
I giggled as Vaye feigned defeat and fell on the ground dramatically. I was currently training with Vaye guiding me. She's been teaching me the basics of self defense. Vaye opted to teach me to be more on the defense side so I'd know how to counter attack and protect myself. Since Vaye thought I'd get heavily injured if I was on offense, she taught me all kinds of counter attacks in every direction. Thus, so far I've gotten used to using a dagger. A dagger was kind of like a knife so it was easy to hold and easy to use therefore it suited me as I was a beginner. 

Ugh, don't even talk to me about swords and guns. I tried the sword and I failed. I couldn't lift it properly as it was too heavy.. which also meant I won't be able to swing or stab someone with it. And as for the guns? I couldn't handle the recoil, I'd always end up on the ground every time I pulled the trigger. And even if the gun was a pistol, I still couldn't handle it properly. Vaye had to give me a pellet gun as an alternative and taught me to always aim for the eyes. Can you believe that? A pellet gun! I wonder how that would've protected me.

Fortunately though, Weiss gave me a dagger which had a spell of protection. She told me that daggers were light and agile, therefore it would fit someone weak like me. I was a bit disappointed though as my dagger looked somewhat boring and normal, I thought it would look like those daggers in games. I should probably design it with stickers later.

"Baby, aren't you tired yet? You're covered in sweat." Vaye asked, looking up at me with a concerned expression.

I shook my head and puffed my chest, "Nope! I've got lots of energy left!" To prove a point, I took my dagger and swung at the air.

Vaye chuckled, "You're adorable but keep that energy for the war, alright?" She then stood up and patted off the dirt from her clothes. I smiled as I watched her, her jet black hair was tied into a high ponytail, her pale skin shone brightly and her eyes were as red as my blood. She looked absolutely amazing.

"Queen Vaye and Amethyst." I looked behind Vaye and saw Angeline approaching us with a.. limp? She was walking rather weirdly.

"What's wrong? Why are you walking like that?" Vaye asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "Did that demon lay her hands on you? Was that why the two of you were missing for two days?"

Angeline blushed, "Uhm.. she.. w-we.. we had.. we took part in the sinful act of uhm, premarital sex and Lucilia didn't want me to leave until she was satisfied."

My eyes widened and I felt my jaw drop. They did the dirty?! The most innocent person in the world finally did the dirty with the dirtiest person in the world?! Should we be celebrating or scolding the demon queen?

Vaye cleared her throat, "Makes.. sense..  I guess? Anyways, what brought you here?"

"Lucilia.. wanted to talk to both of you. It's about the war between vampires and demons, centuries ago. I suggested it to her that it's time to properly address it. I noticed that the two of you have been avoiding mentioning it, especially you, Queen Vaye but it has to be done. I thought it would bring some good to both of you.."

Vaye's eyes immediately darkened and I noticed her resisting the urge to bare her fangs at Angeline. Concerned, I held Vaye's hand and squeezed it gently. She visibly calmed down which made me sigh in relief. Vaye looked away from Angeline and hissed.

"Why? Why bring that up now? The only reason I was ever civil to that abomination was because she's got a vital role in this war. I don't wish to make peace with the bitch who killed my parents and my people. I'm sorry Angeline but I ask this in the nicest way possible, fuck off."

Angeline cowered, "B-But-"

Before she could say anything else, I quickly shook my head, "Uhm, I'll handle this, Angeline. Where should we meet up?"