Chapter 41

Amethyst.
I felt good.. like I was back home, where I belong, in the arms of my beautiful mate, Vaye. I feel like it's been so long when honestly, it's only been a few hours. When I'm in my inner world, I feel like time works differently there, like in another dimension. I could've been there for years but in reality, I was only there for hours. What's worse was the fact that the only company I had was Lucilia.. I mean, she wasn't really a bad company but she told me things that I.. don't quite understand. During our forced time together, Lucilia kept talking about.. six but replace the i with an e. And I just discovered that Lucilia really did have what normal females don't have. I've always thought it was fake..

Clearing my thoughts, I slowly opened my eyes and saw Vaye looking directly at me. She gave me an amused smile, "Your thoughts never fail to amuse me, my love."

I pouted, "You promised you wouldn't read my thoughts anymore." Vaye chuckled before leaning in to plant a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just can't resist it sometimes." She gave me an adorable pout. I giggled and pinched her cheeks which earned me a cute grin from her in return.

Although we were having a nice moment, I wanted to talk about Solous and everything I heard when I went co-conscious. I didn't want to break our moment but we had to talk about it..

With that, I cleared my throat and stated, "Vaye.. when you were torturing Solous.. I kind of heard and saw almost everything, I went co-conscious."

Vaye sighed, "So you know about Gilan's plan?" I slowly nodded. Vaye pulled me closer to her, resting her chin on the top of my head.

"Amethyst.. I'm not going to let him hurt you. Fuck, I'm not even going to let him see you. I'll kill him before he even gets near you.. that coward is going to regret his existence." She whispered, her voice full of venom and spite towards no one other than the king of angels himself.

"Thank you Vaye.. but hearing that.. only makes me want to train more. When the war comes, you'll have to protect your people, your men and yourself, I need to learn how to defend myself."

Vaye sighed and looked down at me, she gently grabbed my chin and made me look at her. "Baby.. defending myself is my least priority. I have to put my people first, and most of all, I have to put you first. Trained or not, I'll still protect you, Amethyst."

"I will do anything for my love." Vaye whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. I blushed, she's giving me these uncontrollable butterflies again.. gosh I'm so darn lucky.

"But I must say.. I really missed you, Amethyst.." Vaye nuzzled her head in my neck and pulled me closer. I could feel her blow air against my neck.. It feels good.. "Mhmm, you smell so good, my love."

I blushed, "I missed you too, baby.. I'm glad I'm back in your arms." With a smile, I pulled away and planted a kiss on her nose. These little moments with Vaye.. should always be treasured in my heart and in my soul, I just love her so much.

She scrunched up her face and smiled sweetly, "I'm glad too.. I hope that demon didn't give you a hard time, baby." She kissed my forehead and lightly traced her fingers on my back. Vaye's touch.. even her light touches are so addicting, it's like being tickled by the Moon Goddess.. did I just say Moon Goddess? Wow.. I guess I am slowly losing my humanity.

With the mention of Lucilia, I suddenly remembered our conversation. Giggling, I shook my head, "No, baby. Actually, believe it or not, Lucilia taught me a lot. She told me I should start calling you daddy.. I didn't understand why at first but she said it would make you happy. Is it making you happy?"

With the mention of the new nickname, Vaye stiffened and mumbled, "That fucking bitch." She then took a deep breath before looking back at me. "I- well.. whatever you call me will make me happy, baby." Smiling, she gave a quick peck on my lips.