Rising Queen: Chapter 15

Rising Queen: Together Forever

Amethyst Scott and Vaye Throwne.

Funny how I felt more alive without a beating heart. Instead of the pain disappearing, my body just learned to adjust to it and now I couldn't feel a thing. And as soon as the pain inside of my body imprinted themselves on my blood, I felt alive, truly and blissfully alive.

Everything felt different. I couldn't hear a lot before but now I heard everything. The splashing of water from the waterfall far from me.. the laughter of children back at the kingdom.. the sound of a key landing on the ground.. I even heard the heartbeat of people in the city. And my smell? Instead of smelling actual odors or scents, I smelled something different. For some reason, I could distinguish the kind of an individual by just smelling them. I smelled a lot of vampires, a few wolves, and little to no witches. There was a strange light smell lingering around.. I assumed it was from an angel.

I felt like my body was different as well. Like I said earlier, my body adjusted to get used to the pain and now.. I felt taller, stronger, and healthier than I've ever been. I felt like I could take anything life threw at me. I felt absolutely unstoppable and yet.. something didn't feel quite right. I felt so much better than before but something was missing. My mouth.. was incredibly dry and my stomach was growling.

I was famished.. and I needed food, now.

I opened my eyes and quickly stood up, scaring the woman sitting next to me. We made eye contact and I almost fainted. Everything that I didn't feel when I was a human, I felt it all right now. The mate bond, the strong pull that I felt towards Vaye was undeniably the most overwhelming thing I've ever experienced. Everything inside of me screamed and yearned for Vaye's touch and her love. All I wanted to do was to kiss her.. and so I did.

I sat on her lap and immediately smashed my lips on her's. Vaye's arms snaked around my waist as she pulled me closer to her. I slipped my tongue inside of her mouth and moaned as she began sucking on it. Her grip on my waist tightened as I grinded on her lap. I wanted to make love to her already, I wanted to tear my dress off and bow to her but my hunger was still holding me back.

Groaning, I pulled away from the kiss. Vaye was looking at me with wide eyes but before she could do or say anything, I stood up and ran to the nearest human that I could smell. I was so hungry that I was rushing, I just needed food so badly. I grinned as I ran faster to the city, the smell of blood all over filled my nose and I almost drooled. It smelled so sweet, so delicious, and so savory that I wanted to pounce on a human right now. I grinned even wider when my eyes locked on my first target. It was an old man selling hotdogs but I didn't care, he was my food.

I bared my fangs and was about to jump on him but Vaye tackled me to the ground. I hissed at her and began clawing at her face. Vaye groaned and pinned my hands above me, "Amethyst! Get a hold of yourself! You can't kill an innocent human!"