Chapter 4

Sapphire.
The six of us were in Vaye's office right now. Vaye, Weiss, Pearl and Eva were currently discussing about the ancient vampire who came out of nowhere. Pearl guessed that the vampire was one of Gaia's friends or servants? I don't know. Anyways, I didn't really care because when they were all focused on the vampire, I was just daydreaming. As much as I wanted to help with their discussion, I couldn't. My fucking brain wanted a vacation and I can't say no to that. Ever since I started studying about witches, my brain's been angry with me. I guess it's not used to all that new knowledge. What the fuck am I thinking? I'm literally calling myself dumb. What the fuck is wrong with me?

With a sigh, I decided to look around the room. I noticed that Amethyst was on the other side of the room. She was currently looking through Vaye's bookshelves. I don't know what she's doing but I might as well help her. Yawning, I approached Amethyst. Once I was near her, I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What are you doing?" I asked, gesturing to the books that she was holding.

Amethyst gave me a kind smile before answering, "Well, since those four are too distracted by that ancient vampire, I decided to find out where that Holy Land is."

"Live where the Holy Land is, right?" I asked, my eyes scanning the bookshelf for books about angels.

Amethyst nodded, "Yes. To be honest, the only Holy Land that I know is heaven." I chuckled and shook my head at her statement.

"Nah, I know many Holy Lands."

"Really? Where? Is it a country? Maybe a city? Or is it like a.. a park?"

I grinned, "It's in my phone actually. Whenever I go to this porn site, I feel like I'm in a Ho-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I felt a hand smacking the back of my head, making my face collide with the bookshelf. I groaned and rubbed my sore face. "What the fuck?" When I turned around, I saw Weiss looking at me with an unamused expression.

I sheepishly smiled at her, "He-Hey Diosa. You look beautiful today." Unfortunately, my compliment did not reach Weiss' heart.

Instead, Weiss gave me a warning glare before turning around and continuing her discussion with the others. I pouted but didn't say anything. I don't want to deal with an angry Weiss today. Hell, I never want to deal with an angry Weiss. Like what most people say, happy wife, happy life. For me it's happy Weiss, happy life.

A sigh from Amethyst brought me out of my daydream. I furrowed my brows and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I.. I couldn't find anything useful in these books. I guess I could try searching the internet." She stated, frowning. Now I wonder why she didn't search it in the internet first. Feeling curious, I decided to read her mind.

I'm so dumb! What if the answer is in the internet? Ugh, these books are getting me nowhere. Everything written here is all about angels but it never mentioned what happens after an angel has fallen.

I chuckled, "Next time, use the internet first." Amethyst looked at me with wide eyes, obviously not expecting me to read her mind.

She glared at me, "I hate it when you do that."

I only winked at her in response. She rolled her eyes at me before walking towards Vaye's desk where her computer was. I yawned once more and decided to listen to the others. I approached Weiss from behind and once I was close enough, I embraced her. Weiss gave no reaction, she simply continued their discussion as I hugged her from behind. Laying my chin on Weiss' right shoulder, I listened to their discussion.

"Yes, her smell was somewhat similar to Gaia's but Gaia's smell is much more powerful." Pearl stated, her eyebrows furrowed and her head tilted. For some unknown reason, she looked quite funny. I wanted to laugh but I didn't want Weiss to smack me again.

"We're getting nowhere." Eva groaned and rested her head on Pearl's shoulder.

Vaye sighed, "Fine. I'll find her myself. This discussion is done." She then eyed the others to see if one of them would disagree. Thankfully none of them were against what Vaye said.

"Okay, since that's done, can we please focus on finding Angeline?" Amethyst asked, an annoyed look on her face.

Vaye chuckled, "Yeah, sorry for taking too long baby." Amethyst only pouted which made Vaye give Amethyst a peck on the lips.

When I saw that, I pretended to vomit which earned me another smack from my dear Diosa. "Alright then, what's our lead so far?" Eva asked.

"Live where the Holy Land is." Weiss answered. The others nodded and began to work. Weiss was about to walk away from me but I tightened my embrace so she wouldn't be able to escape.

Weiss glared at me, "I need to help."

I smirked, now that I had her attention, I leaned down and kissed her. At first, Weiss wasn't responding so I bit her lower lip which made her kiss back. I instantly moaned when I felt Weiss' lips moving against mine.

"Gee, now I know who to ask whenever I want to see some live porn action." Eva stated, rolling her eyes.

I groaned when Weiss pulled away. But suddenly, Weiss kissed my nose, "I need to work, Sapphire." I pouted but since Weiss looked so cute right now, I decided to obey her.

Weiss smirked and patted my head, "Good girl." She then approached Pearl, Vaye and Amethyst.

Eva laughed at my lovesick expression, "You're so fucking whipped dude." Instead of denying it, I only laughed and agreed with her.

"Guys! Focus! Pearl is saying something." Amethyst scolded us. Eva and I looked at each other before shrugging.

"As I was saying, I think I've read that sentence before. When Weiss read it, I felt like it was sort of familiar to me." Pearl started, her eyes focused on the book that she was reading.

"Angels when fallen, live in earth for eternity. They live among humans and hide themselves. Fallen Angels tend to live in Israel, the Holy Land. Fallen Angels stay in Israel for the rest of their lives." Pearl stated, her eyes were no longer focused on the book. She was looking at us when she said that.

"I don't know why you have these books in your office, Vaye. These books did not help us whatsoever. But it did make me remember what I've read though." Pearl said, closing the book.

"Nevermind that, we finally know where the Holy Land is." Weiss said, she then eyed us all before chuckling.

"Looks like we're going to Israel."