Rising Queen: Chapter 5

Amethyst.
All of us were gathered in Vaye's office. Thankfully the office was large enough to fit all of us so there wasn't any problem with that. The only problem was that no one was speaking. Weiss and Pearl gathered all of us here to discuss about what would happen now that the war has ended. Apparently, Pearl and Weiss have gotten closer which I didn't think was too surprising. Except for their take on violence and torture, the two had a lot of similarities so I knew that they would get along. Anyways, so they gathered all of us, even Gaia and Cynthia but weirdly enough, no one was willing to start the discussion.

This was a serious topic so none of them were smiling, not even Sapphire and that girl was rarely serious. But I understood though. Since the war was over, there was no point in Weiss, Sapphire, Eva, and Pearl staying in Vaye's castle. Eventually, they would all return to their respective kingdoms. Usually there wouldn't be any problem regarding this as we've already gone our separate ways before but this time was different. Weiss, Eva, and Vaye have been discussing the potential futures of their kingdoms, and the idea of combining the three kingdoms kinda sparked.

The three of them have already discussed it but Vaye told me that discussing it with only the three of them was stupid. When the three of them talked, Weiss was appalled when the idea was brought up. She argued that witches valued solitude and didn't like loud noises. The wolves were the opposite, they were known to be loud and obnoxious. She had no complaints when it came to vampires though. Meanwhile, Eva was a bit skeptical as well. Eva had the same thoughts as Weiss regarding the tense atmosphere between witches and wolves. She stated that she was already lucky that she was graced with another alpha wolf as a mate and not a witch. Her statement obviously angered Weiss and the two fought. As usual, my Vaye, the knight in shining armor, separated the two and settled their argument. Vaye said that a meeting will be done in order to address the potential of the three kingdoms uniting. And that the meeting will not only consist of the three of them, but also of us.

My baby, Vaye, really had no problem with uniting the kingdoms. She had no problems with witches and she was rather amused by the wolves so she appeared to be laid-back. She had a concern though, which she didn't tell me because she said she didn't want to trouble me. Geez, as if I'm not the future queen of vampires too.

So.. here we were. I really could not handle any of this awkward silence so I nudged Sapphire beside me. She looked at me with wide eyes and shook her head. I ignored her warning and whispered to her, "Why aren't they talking?"

"Amethyst, I love you, but I don't want Weiss to cut off my balls if she sees me acting like an idiot."

I chuckled lightly, "Relax, dude. I just find it weird that no one's talking."

"Amethyst and Sapphire," I tensed as I immediately straightened my posture and gulped. "Would you like to include us in your discussion?" Weiss asked, her perfectly shaped eyebrow raised.

I sheepishly smiled at her, "You guys weren't talking and I found it weird.. sorry." I tried to awkwardly laugh it off but failed.

Pearl, being the kind soul that she was, smiled at me. "We're not talking because someone happened to think that right now was the right time to sleep." I followed their gaze and saw Gaia softly snoring on the couch. How did I not notice that she was actually sleeping?

With an annoyed sigh, Cynthia flicked Gaia's forehead, effectively waking her up. "Ow! Geez!" Gaia angrily rubbed her forehead before stopping when she realized that we were all watching her.

"I-I.. uhm," She cleared her throat. "I needed to sleep! Her grace wanted to reach me so.. uhm, you may start your discussion."

I snorted with laughter, gaining a scolding glare from Weiss which made me shut up. They couldn't start the meeting without Gaia. After all, Gaia was an important figure and she had lots of knowledge and experience so her words were truly valued and appreciated. Out of respect, they waited for her or for Cynthia to wake her up before they started talking.