Part 12: Doubt

Song: "Tere Liye" by Lata Mangeshkar & Roop Kumar Rathod
(Let's go bollywood Retro!! Tell me your favourites..)

Jimin was sitting silently while everyone else in the class were busy with their own things. 

All the students were being chaotic as the teacher was still not here. Few girls were on one side were gossiping about God knows what, some studious students were engulfed in studying some more and maybe other than that rest of other were either playing or bothering others.

Jimin didn't really wanted to interact with anyone so he had switched the seats with one student and now he was at the far end corner of the class room so no one will bother him. 

Especially those two.

Jungkook and Taehyung. 

Jimin is not really willing to involve himself with those two. And to his good fortune, they both were not here today. Why they were absent? Well, Jimin doesn't care. He was enjoying his time alone, he was sitting alone by the window staring at the college campus. Few students playing on the ground and some were just chilling.

He was buried in the thoughts of yesterday's conversation. He was still contemplating on if he did the right thing by telling his hyungs. Because clearly they didn't remember anything. 

They just trusted him because they felt like that. And even if they don't remember him, they feel a deep connection with him. So, most likely they probably would do something to save him from the curse. Jimin knows them really well.

But the main point is, if Jimin wanted to be saved? 

No

Or Simply putting, he just doesn't care. He wants to get some peace while he can.

Everyone stood up as teacher entered the class. Jimin also did, at least he got to learn few things here. 

Like schools here are very different.  And schools are the ones where books and theoretical knowledge is given.  War skills and practices are no longer taught here in school, in this period. 

Teacher told them to open Some book.  Jimin looked here and there once again to other students before pulling out the same looking book from his bag as the other students were holding.

Too bad he still can't read. He's still struggling with the texts as the fonts, texts and language is so different than his period. So he feels he needs to learn the modern Korean language as he also finds much difficulty in texts. 

So, he was just staring at front trying to learn this by what teacher was saying. Although he couldn't grasp much because his head was filled with various thoughts. 

"Can Mr. Park tell us what was the period of Modern Greece?", the teacher asked Jimin thinking that he is distracted.

Indeed he was. Jimin stood up flustered and started fumbling with the pages of his book. All the class turned their heads towards the boy. Jimin felt so embarrassed that he couldn't even read from the book. The class started gossiping and laughing. And Jimin felt like dying there.

"From 1821 to present."

Jimin heard someone whispering from besides him. Jimin looked at the side. The boy he switched seats with earlier gave him a warm smile. He nodded at Jimin slightly to encourage him to answer. And Jimin got the message.

"From 1821 to present day.", Jimin answered.

"Please pay attention from now on Mr. Park.", satisfied with Jimin's answer, the teacher continued with her lessons. 

And Jimin thanked his luck and that boy in his mind. After classes the boy who helped him with the answer approached him. 

"Hey!", He waved at Jimin. 

"Hello... Umm.. Thank you for earlier.", Jimin said sincerely feeling thankful for the help. 

“No no... don't mention. It happens with anyone. So...", he raised his eyebrow. Jimin also raised brow in confusion.

"Wanna be friends?”, he raised his hand for handshake. Jimin gave him  a smile.

“Why not, my name is Jimin. Its nice to meet you. And it will be a pleasure to be your friend.", Jimin said bowing. The boy became amused seeing unusual and formal behaviour but smiled nonetheless. 

"It'll be my honour too. My name's Yeosang by the way...", Jimin returned his famous eyesmile making Yeosang coo and smile too unconsciously. 

________________

Jin and Namjoon were sitting in a café, thinking about Jimin's situation. They both taken a day off. Since the situation was kind of hazy and too much to handle.

"Do you believe him?", Namjoon asked looking down at his coffee. Jin looked at him in confusion. 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, did you believe that story of his?"

Jin couldn't believe his ears. Namjoon doubting Jimin? Like come on, he was the one who brought him home. He was the one who cared for him in the first place. He was the one who felt deep connection with him, started treating him like his family.

"Why are you suddenly asking me this? Do you not believe him?", Jin couldn't help but ask. 

"I mean it's not like I don't trust him Jinnie, but even when he told us the whole story, I don't seem to remember any bits of it.", Jin just kept staring at his boyfriend waiting for him to continue. Because honestly speaking, he also couldn't seem to remember anything. 

"Yeah, I obviously observed few things about him that prove Jimin is not from here and maybe he's telling the truth.", Namjoon continued while Jin was patiently listening.

"Like his unusual behaviour, a very firm and formal tone. His amusement towards simple things like mobile or TV like he haven't seen them ever before. His inability to read or write. Or his interest towards things like fencing and horse riding.", Namjoon stopped. Jin responded slightly nodding, absorbing the information given by his boyfriend.

"So, what's making you doubt on him then?", Jin calmly asked.

"The other possibility.... 

The other possibility that he might be just a mental patient who needs help.", Namjoon said sighing. Jin leaned back and after a moment if silence all he did was nod in response.

____________________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

My lovely people, if you're enjoying the story please do share. And if not, I would like to here your opinions and suggestions. So, Please do comment!!

Borahae 💜