Part 24: I remember

Song: "Rula Ke Gaya Sapna Mera" by Lata Mangeshkar

Jimin looked out of the small window.

He could see a large tree through it. Well, it was nothing special for anyone who can think properly. But it was still entertaining when you're practically caged up in a small room entire day, everyday. It's just one of his routines.

Other than medical checkups and other medical activities, looking at the that tree and counting the birds on it is surely entertaining.

"Hey Jimin!"

Jimin perked up at the familiar voice. 'Maybe life isn't even that boring', he thought when he saw Jihyun standing there. He gave her one of his most beautiful smiles which squeezed his eyes in fine line by his plush and cute cheeks. She happily returned the smile.

"Look what I brought for you!!", She happily chimed waving a tiffin box in front of him.

He grabbed it from her hands and opened it quickly. A delicious smell of juicy dumplings filled his nostrils. Jimin happily pounced on it as Jihyun looked at him in adoration.

"Thanks Jihyun..", Jimin sang before taking a big bite and moaned in ecstasy.

Jihyun would always bring him different different dishes as she knew hospital food was not exactly tasty. Much like opposite to it. Also the fact, she didn't want Jimin to feel like some abnormal person (nor that he was) but still and she wanted to spoil him. After he had finished the breakfast, Jihyun started talking.

"Um Jimin, I have submitted your report. I have reported that you're normal and perfectly healthy mentally. So I think you'll be able to get out of here really soon. Just during next checkup, answer the doctors as I have taught you. They'll be just doing their work so don't take any of their questions in a wrong way. Okay?", She warned softly. Jimin looked at her with some unspoken emotions in his eyes.

"What happened?", Jihyun asked after seeing him staring at her.

"Thank you for believing me."

"Jimin you know why I believed you. Because I do remember!! Yup this might sound like a fictional plot made by an actually mentally ill patient but I do remember meeting you. I remember every single thing and especially you desperately searching for Jungkook. We became close, you practically became my younger brother! You know when you finally found Jungkook's whereabouts and decided to leave to look for him, I was not happy about it. Even I'm still mad about it, even in this birth. But I let you go for your happiness, in hopes you would come back sometime. But... You never did.", Jihyun's eyes were slightly teary. Jimin didn't know what to say. He never knew she was left waiting for him.

"I'm sorry Hyunnie.. When I met Jungkook, it was the biggest day of my life but most miserable too...", Jimin murmured.

"Why? What happened Jimin?", Jihyun found herself asking. Jimin looked at her for a second before speaking.

"I had found his address somewhere in north east region. I traded my everything to look for him. Like I traded my few left ornaments for a horse. It took me five days for me to reach there. I travelled without any rest in hopes to meet my love soon. I barely even ate. At one point I was robbed by some homeless rebels during my travel. It was a little difficult to find him as he was living with a different name. When I finally got there, I saw him living his life happily. Happy together with Taehyung...", Jihyun patted his shoulder in sympathy letting him continue.

"They had decided to run away together as soon as they got the idea of war breaking out against Hanjuseong. I was still a little hopeful of him accepting me. But when he saw me, all I saw was disgust and disappointment in his eyes. They both were so disgusted that I ran away from my duties as a Prince. Disappointed that I failed as a Prince of Hanjuseong. So... He told me to go back. Go back to Hanjuseong, even if knew that there was nothing left for me there..."

"I was finally defeated when I decided to return back to the p-palace with my heavy as rock heart. When I reached my palace, everything was already destroyed. M-my entire f-family was killed, Hyunnie. I... I c-couldn't even say a last goodbye to them. The only thing they saved with their life was that throne. The throne they saved waiting for my return. The throne which I was supposed to rule on. How... How could I deny their last request? They wanted me to rule the kingdom. And even if there was nothing left of it, I still decided to fulfill their wish."

"I sat on that throne."

Jihyun fell silent. A heavy silence filled the dark room before Jimin voice cut through it to continue.

"I sat on that lonely, cold, jaded throne. And that moment my entire existence was frozen on that spot. I was frozen in the deep, deathly spiral of time.", Jimin finished with his hazel eyes getting lost somewhere nothing.

Jihyun looked at him completely speechless. She absolutely didn't know what to say or think.

"Jimin, I..."

"I just can't believe my fate...", Jimin started laughing hysterically. That laugh was nothing joyous or happy. Pain, agony were dripping from that bitter laugh as he gripped on his hair while laughing. Jihyun looked at him with wide, teary eyes, not knowing how to calm him down.

"I can't believe... Why them? Why they had to make me come back to life? Why they are the ones I need to prove my love with? I FUCKING DON'T LOVE THEM!!! ANYTHING BUT LOVE!!!!", Jimin continued laughing as tears flowed freely from his eyes. It was a truly heartbreaking sight.

"But Jimin you need to—"

"No, I don't. I already told you Hyunnie. You think I hate them just because of that? No. It's a lot more than that..."

______________________

"I want to meet Park Jimin. I am his guardian.", Namjoon stood at the reception desk of the hospital which was practically making him sick.

He always hated hospitals. Whichever it may be. Even if they were veterinary. Jin held his arm as he knew about his anxiousness about hospitals.

"One sec..", the receptionist smiled at the couple before looking down at the computer.

"Are you Park Jimin's guardians?", Suddenly a voice came from behind. Namjoon and Jin turned around to see a young lady doctor standing there.

"Uh.. yes, we are. I'm Kim Namjoon and this is Kim Seokjin...", Namjoon introduced. The lady doctor made an amused 'Oh' face.

"I'm Yong Jihyun. Jimin's doctor. Please come this way.", Jihyun lead them in.

"Thank you doctor.", Namjoon smiled.

"No need to thank me. Glad I finally met you. I have heard a lot about both of you.", Jihyun said quietly walking. Namjoon and Jin were surprised.

"Jimin told you about us?", Jin asked genuinely surprised.

"Yeah... It was a quite long time ago. But I definitely remember."

______________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

Dun dun dunnnn!!!!!

A penny for your thoughts?

Borahae 💜