Part 22: Loving them

Song: "Agar Tum Sath Ho" by Alka Yagnik and Arijit Singh
(Don't ask why)

"What are you thinking, Kook?"

"Nothing.", Jungkook gave his boyfriend a little smile who just looked at him with some unreadable expressions.

"Kook, don't you think we should contact Jimin's guardians to ask about him?", Taehyung warily asked. He was all to little anxious after knowing that Jimin was on sick leave for almost two weeks. He desperately wanted to visit him to at least make sure that he is okay.

"I would have Tae but, the fact that he didn't contact us on his own to at least show his responsibility to let us know about his absence, just doesn't fit right with me."

"So, if he didn't contact us, we shouldn't too? Is that what you're trying to imply?", Taehyung snarled. And Jungkook was shocked to see Taehyung's behaviour. He never had acted like this with him before.

Sure, he was also concerned about Jimin, but the fact that Taehyung, his own boyfriend, acting like this with because of someone trivial set rage inside him.

"I never said that Tae. Don't over exaggerate. On the second note, why are you so concerned about him? What is so important about him that you're raising voice at your boyfriend??", Jungkook huffed. It got Taehyung extremely annoyed.

"Because I feel responsible towards him!!", Taehyung shouted. Jungkook got frozen on his place.

"I-I don't know. I just keep getting this feeling some r-responsibility, protectiveness over him. I keep feeling like I owe him something. You might not believe it kook, but I feel some connection and I can clearly see it in Jimin's eyes too when he turns away his gaze.", Taehyung said gripping his hair in frustration. Jungkook remained silent for few minutes before placing his hand over Taehyung's shoulder.

"You're overthinking Tae...", Jungkook said patting his shoulder.

"No, I'm not overthinking!! Unlike you, I don't deny what I'm feeling. I'm pretty sure, you too feel the same way towards Jimin. What do you think, I never observed how you steal glances towards him? Or the way you keep looking at him with some longing in your eyes.. Your eyes tell, Kook!! I feel like I'm going crazy!!!", Taehyung yelled at him and exited the room while slamming the door.

___________________

"It's okay Jimin... It's me. Hyunnie..."

Jimin looked at her wide eyed. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was a nickname he used to call her back then.

He gaped his mouth open and close few times before muttering out, "Y-You remember?"

Jihyun's face softened at that, "That means you remember too." Jimin frantically nodded his head.

"How I cannot??", He mumbled and threw himself over to embrace her in a tight hug. Tears of joy started falling like rainfall from his dark hazel eyes. Jihyun held him closer until his cries died down to small sniffles. But Jimin kept his arms wrapped around her waist while soaking her white medical coat with his tears.

"You're still the same Jimin-ah. Small.", Jihyun muttered between her tears to lighten the mood. Jimin choked a sob before letting out a light chuckle.

After some time, Jihyun helped Jimin clean up his tear stained face. She helped him settle down and then sat with him on the now his neatly made bed.

"How did you even remember me?", Jimin asked curiously.

"I don't know. I just saw you earlier today and it was like I had a flash of everything. And I just knew it's you. At first I thought I was crazy to get such memories I have never experienced in this life but now I believe.", Jihyun said thinking with a little smile.

"I'm happy that you remembered.", Jimin said giving a small smile.

"But why are you even here? I mean I've read your case papers, but I want to know about your condition from you.", Jihyun said patting on his hand.

Jimin looked down unsure. He wasn't sure if he should tell everything to her or not. But Jihyun softly held his hand to smile at him assuringly.

"It's okay Jimin. You can tell me whenever you want. I just want to help you."

Jimin's eyes brimmed with tears and he mumbled, "Namjoon hyung also said the same thing before they sent me here."

"What? Namjoon hyung? You mean.. your Namjoon hyung??", Jihyun asked with surprised expressions. Jimin slowly nodded.

"So he's also here?"

"Yeah and Jin Hyung too. But they both don't remember me. It's really a miracle that you did.", Jimin said with a small voice.

"So, you told them about your past and they thought that you needed a treatment and sent you here?", Jihyun asked figuring out the rest story. Jimin nodded again.

"Don't worry. I'll help you out here. Then you can live with me.", Jihyun said smiling. Jimin's face saddened.

"But I can't live with you forever Hyunnie."

"Why?"

"Because I have to return to my place after a year. That is that stone throne."

"WHAT!?", Jihyun almost shouted in disbelief. For a moment she thought if Jimin was really mentally unstable. But then again she didn't want to not trust him. So she encouraged him to tell her everything.

Jimin told her about his curse and going back to being a stone if he fails. Jimin's face expressions were changing rapidly as Jimin explained her his problematic situation.

"So... You're still alive? I mean... It's not your reincarnation??", Jimin shook his head.

"And you need to gain Taehyung and Jungkook's love to break the curse?", Jimin nodded his head looking down.

"Then you should get out of here and start with your task.", Jihyun said desperately.

"That's the point Jihyun... I don't want to...."

"But why?"

Jimin took a deep breath and started telling her everything.

Whole time, Jihyun's head was ringing with unbelievable story of Jimin. When Jimin was finished with his story, the whole hospital room was filled pin drop silence. Jihyun needed a moment before processing it all. She looked at Jimin's eyes which had some unshed tears at the corner of his eyes.

"Now you know Hyunnie, why I don't want to break this curse..... I'd rather die than loving them."

_________________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

Umm... Feedback??

Borahae💜