Part 29: Dreamin'

Song: "Growing Pains" by D&E

"I'm just tired of this circle of waking up, waiting for them to return my feelings, failing every attempt and going back in that carved stone to wake up hundreds of years apart yet again...."

Everyone was frozen on their spots. They had thought about many possibilities and stories behind this. But no one had expected it to be this complicated.

Now it was making sense why had become so cold and numb almost towards everything. Almost like a numb soul. Why he wasn't willing to stay. Why wasn't he willing to give Jungkook and Taehyung a chance. Why he had become like this rude.

"J-jimin, we-we didn't expect this...", Jin tried to explain.

"It's okay Jin Hyung. Don't apologise for that. It's not your fault. Honestly I don't even care at this point. Because I'm done explaining.", Jimin calmly said and turned around to leave. He didn't want anyone to see his tear struck face. But Jihyun was fast enough. She quickly approached the younger and engulfed him in a tight hug.

"Jimin.. Don't cry. I'm sure I'll find some way to help you out of this curse.", She mumbled in his ear feeling her dress dampen on the shoulder clearly indicating he was crying.

"Please pup, don't cry...", She patted his back soothing him down to quiet sniffles.

Jimin pulled away after few minutes and gave her a smile. Jihyun couldn't describe that smile well but she knew that she didn't like it a bit. Because it held so much of pain that her heart dropped in her stomach.

"Don't stress over my crying Hyunnie. I'm used to it...", He whispered and dashed away without wasting a single minute.

________________________

Jin and Namjoon sat there in silence. They didn't know what to say or do. They snapped their heads up once Jihyun plopped down in front of them.

"Jihyun I—", Namjoon started.

"Listen, I know you were very important to Jimin back then. But what happened just now, was not acceptable. You snapping at him, knowing that he is not a normal person we are dealing with, what exactly were you thinking? I suggest you to go back because I really don't want to snap at you. I will what can we do further.", She said rubbing her forehead. Jin and Namjoon just looked at each other before standing up and taking their leave silently.

After they were gone, Jihyun went to Jimin's room. She slightly opened the door and peeked inside. Jimin was laying on his bed with his eyes closed.

Yup, she could tell that he wasn't sleeping at all. So she slowly walked to his bed and sat beside him. She didn't make any attempt to wake him or anything. Instead she just carded her hand through his soft locks.

She could tell that he relaxed under her touch so she just repeated her actions.

"Hyunnie...", He finally spoke up, still his eyes closed.

"Hmm?"

"I met Hoseok Hyung today."

"Who is it?", She asked softly still caressing his hair.

"I had met him in 1520, when I woke up for the first time after returning to the palace back in 1321..."

____________________________

'Taehyung was staring at the deep horizon they could see from the balcony of their house. Jungkook and him ran away from Hanjuseong couple of months ago. He truly never expected this turn of events.

Few months ago whole Hanjuseong was celebrating for the young Prince's wedding and coronation. Although he felt a little sad that Jimin was going to get married but also he was happy for him. Everything was perfect.

Then few days after that the news of Prince running away from his marriage spread like a wildfire. The whole picture turned upside down after that. He couldn't understand what to think or feel. Was he happy that Jimin did what he wanted or was he angry that Jimin pulled such a stunt without thinking?

Honestly, he didn't know.

Then one day their Master, Master Jungkook came to his house looking a little frantic, telling a war might break out soon, so they need to move out to save themselves.

He couldn't understand why Jungkook was there, asking him to run away with him. Why did he care about him than anyone else? But all of his questions were answered when his Master suddenly kissed him.

"I can't loose you. Please come with me Tae. I love you..."

That gave the answer and Taehyung ran away with him not having any family to look for him anyway. It wasn't like he didn't like Jungkook, it's just that he never figured out his feelings for the older until now. They left Hanjuseong overnight.

Now he was standing in the balcony of their little house, they managed to get with Jungkook's savings and identity. It was far from any local village giving them the access to live the way however they wanted to.

He was enjoying the scenery when two firm hands came from behind and wrapped around his waist. His muscles immediately relaxed once he caught his smell.

"Will everything be ever okay, Jungkook Hyung?", He quietly asked. Jungkook just leaned and pecked Taehyung behind his ear while basking himself in his calming scent.

"I hope.. But we can't go back there ever. No one will accept our love. We better stay here forever.", Jungkook mumbled on Taehyung's neck.

And days passed.

Both were starting to slowly adapt to their new life style. And to be honest, they couldn't be happier. They could live being just themselves with no one there to judge them about their abnormal love.

The only time they cried when they got the news of Hanjuseong being attacked with no chances of their winning. They were sad. But they couldn't do anything. So it was better to stay there and save themselves.

Then one day, a boy stood in front of their door unexpectedly.

They never had thought that they ever will meet him again. But they had ran so far away to ever meet anyone of their knowing.

But still he found them, and he stood there, with his complete different appearance from what they were used to. His hair grown almost to his narrow shoulders and tousled, weight noticeably lesser, face tired from all the travelling he had done, clothes dirtied with mud, and drenching wet from the stormy rain that was still pouring since two days.

His thin body was shivering from cold while his one hand held the reign of his horse and his eyes sad... Looking at them with what we call as hope and... Hurt.'

"Jimin!!", Taehyung abruptly sat up breaking away from his dream.

Because if him Jungkook also woke up from his slumber and he looked at Taehyung worriedly. Taehyung's eyes were holding unshed tears as he stared into nothing..

"What happened Tae?", Jungkook asked while rubbing his back trying to soothe him.
Taehyung looked at Jungkook while stuttering...

"W-what was t-that?"

_______________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

A snippet of Taekook's past life. So far... What do you think?

Borahae💜