Part 44: Another Truth

Song: "Jaane Kya Baat Hai" by Lata Mangeshkar

"Jungkook, aren't you going to talk to me?"

Jungkook laid on his bed with eyes wide open and stuck to the ceiling above. He talked to Prof. Kim today and when he came out he didn't even talk to Taehyung since then. He abruptly came to their shared apartment and just threw his bag to lay down on bed. Ever since then he hasn't spoken a word and it was scaring Taehyung as he wondered what they had talked about for Jungkook to act like this. He tried talking but Jungkook didn't replied.

So now Taehyung had no choice but let the boy take his own time. He knew he will talk. So he approached the boy on bed and slowly laid down besides him. Even then Jungkook didn't look at him. So Taehyung just scooted closer to him and placed his hand on Jungkook's stomach where he could clearly feel the trail of abs. He started rubbing which was his common habit whenever the older was stressed. And seemed to work this time too as Jungkook's tensed muscles relaxed a bit by bit.

"Kook? Wanna talk about it?", He asked in his deep but soothing voice. Jungkook let out a sigh.

"I don't know what to talk Tae. And even if I know, I don't know if I have words to describe it...", Jungkook mumbled. Taehyung sat up and placed his hand under his chin to make him look at him.

"You know, I will understand however way you tell me.. But please I need to know so I can help you.", Taehyung looked deep in his eyes and Jungkook's eyes soften immediately.

"I don't know if that's a sick joke whatever professor told me. I don't know how to describe it either... But they... told me that Jimin hates us because of some past issue.", Jungkook tried to tell him in least possible words. Taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion.

"But we haven't known him until this semester... What would be the possible issue then?"

"No... Not exactly the past-past. He told that we've known him from our p...past life. 700 years ago...", Jungkook stammered and Taehyung's eyes widen comically at this.

The next hour spent by as Jungkook told Taehyung everything he got to know from Namjoon. From Jimin's immortality cycle to his curse breaking law. Taehyung was getting little breathless even though he wasn't the one talking. This was a lot to take in. By the time Jungkook finished talking, Taehyung had been blanked out.

"So is that the reason why he hates us? Because we always left him out?", Taehyung silently asked.

"Left him out? Are you believing whatever Mr. Kim told me?", Jungkook snarled.

"Why would he lie for then?", Taehyung retort back. Seeing Jungkook fall silent Taehyung pursed his lips tight shut.

"All I want to say is we didn't left him out, Tae. We just never loved him the way he wanted. And I'm sorry for him that it's not possible in this life too...", His voice was low but not enough for Taehyung to go unheard. Yes, this was true. They never loved the way he wanted them to. But that doesn't mean that they hated him. Now they finally could understand Jimin, even at least a little bit.

That made a wave of relief wash over them to know the reason. But only for a short second. Because it wasn't long when a new question arose their minds.

"So what will do now?"

_____________________________

"Where is Namjoon?"

Jihyun asked as she stared at the stressed male in front of her after coming inside their luxurious apartment.

"In his study. He's acting weird ever since he came home. He even took a day off from college earlier today.", Jin informed briefly. Jihyun frowned in confusion.