Part 42: Kai

Song: "Rose" by D.O.

"Kai hyung!!!!???"

Jimin shrieked loudly and jumped on the said male who caught him effortlessly and laughed as he spun him around. Jimin giggled airily while his eyes crinkled like little stars.

He put Jimin down but he still Jimin kept his arms around Kai who looked at Jimin with so much fondness in his eyes. Jimin's eyes were little teary as memories of the past flooded his mind.

"Despite after so many years, you haven't changed at all Minnie...  You're still a little baby here too!!", Kai said while pinchi Jimin's cheek who winced a little but still smiled through it.

"What are you doing here, hyung?", Jimin smiled while sipping the chocolate milkshake that Kai bought for him from canteen.

"Let's say I wanted to change colleges suddenly..", Kai laughed off but Jimin looked at him in confusion. Kai sighed.

"Okay... I was kicked out of my old college because I was being a troublemaker.", Kai stated proudly as if he had no remorse about it.

"So you didn't change at all hyung. You're still like this....", Jimin laughed a little.

"So what? At least I got to meet you!! It's crazy how are we able to meet again after so many years in new lives!! Guess even fate can't separate our duo... I'm just happy.", Kai smiled excited.

"Me too hyung.", Jimin smiled nervously. Clearly Kai was thinking that Jimin was born again like him.

"And I hope you have family and peaceful respectable life now Minnie..", Kai said to which Jimin remained silent.

"What happened Minnie?", Seeing Jimin unresponsive, Kai was concerned.

"I don't hyung...", Jimin mumbled. Kai was confused but then he looked at Jimin with pity upon realisation.

"What? Why?"

"I never got new birth hyung. I'm still alive since then...", Jimin mumbled and Kai choked on the air.

____________________________

"Come in.", Namjoon said distracted while he was busy with his paperwork when a knock on his cabin's door was heard.

The door opened and Jungkook peeked in. Namjoon looked up and sighed. Seeing Jungkook and Taehyung was still not amusing for him or anyone who was involved with Jimin even though they knew they were practically not at fault since they were still themselves unaware with Jimin's situation. He was getting frustrated lately for getting tangled in such situation. It hurt him that Jihyun and Hoseok remembered everything but not him and Jin. On top of it, he was going to have to resign soon from his teacher's job because of his father who was constantly pressuring him about leading their company.

"Yes Jungkook?", He sighed.

"Sir, I want to know about Jimin. I mean his background.", Jungkook replied in monotone. Namjoon raised his eyebrow.

"And why do you need that?"

"Since you aren't giving me answers, I need to find them myself.", Jungkook crossed his hands over his chest. Namjoon was amused.

"Then find these also yourself."

"Sir, please tell me. Where did you meet Jimin?", Jungkook asked in serious tone.

"A.. He's son of one of my relative.", Namjoon wanted to pat his own back on making up an answer this quickly.

"Oh... So you adopted him?"

"Kind of."

"Weren't there any other relatives who could adopt him? Why did you adopt him? I mean how they even give you permission to adopt him since you yourself are not married?", Namjoon was taken aback. There was something hostile in Jungkook's tone that was giving him a vibe if Jungkook knew anything.

"I...I..."

"Sir, please tell me the truth."

"W-what truth?"

"About Jimin. Why is there no history of his adoption or background? Why there aren't any legal documents of his residency? Tell me.", Jungkook said controlling his growing anger.

"There.. there was some accident, that's why he didn't have anything with him when I took him in. He doesn't have any family. I'm only a distant relative, so I don't know much about him.", Namjoon said.

"If you're his distant relative then what are you doing with him in this portrait?", Jungkook huffed looking at Namjoon. He unlocked his phone and held it in front of Namjoon whose eyes widen at the picture.

The phone had a pic of Potrait of the Royal family of Hanjuseong from 1321 where Namjoon and Jin were standing on both sides of the Royal family with Jimin in the very middle...

______________________________

"How did you remember me hyung?"

"I don't know. It's just the second day of my college here. I saw you roaming in hallway and I suddenly remembered everything at that moment.", Kai smiled. Jimin told him briefly about his situation. Of course he couldn't hide it from his Kai hyung who was really dear to him.

"Thank you for believing me hyung.", Jimin suddenly said. Kai looked at him for a minute.

"Listen Minnie, back then too I didn't know you but still I chose to believe you because I felt that bond. I don't know how you managed to make it upto here and who believed you or who didn't. But from now on I will be with you... Until the very end.", Kai finished only to receive a tight hug from Jimin. He ruffled on Jimin's hair who sighed in content.

There happy moment didn't last for long as Kai's eyes fell on Taehyung who was impatiently waiting out of Namjoon's cabin. Kai squinted his eyes at him.

"What is he doing here?", He asked a little surprised.

"He's also in this college. Along with Jungkook.", Jimin replied bitterly. Kai raised his brow and then smirked.

"How wonderful it is to meet your foes even after 400 years..."

________________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

I'm not sure how and where is this story going... What do you think??

Borahae💜