Part 23: Jimin's Story

Song: "Faded" by Alan Walker

"Joonie, what are you doing again?", Jin asked approaching the younger.

Namjoon was currently sitting in a library where tons of books were surrounding him. Maybe, the amount of books he pulled out made a little difficult for him to sit on the table. So, instead he had caught a silent corner at far end of the room and sprawled the books all over the floor before slumping down besides them.

Jin was tired from his work. He thought maybe meeting his boyfriend would lower his stress a little. After work, he waited for Namjoon at College's parking area only to get disappointed knowing, he had already left. Not that it was the first time such thing happened. It was going on for few days now.

Namjoon would always leave first without waiting up for Jin. Jin had tried asking him about the issue but he seemed to distracted to even give him a proper answer. So today Jin, decided to visit his house to see what was the matter. But Namjoon wasn't even their. After almost three hours of searching he finally found him drowned in the books in this public library.

He was worried sick for him, and there he was. Completely lost in the world of the books around him. Namjoon still haven't observed his boyfriend who was standing in front of him. So Jin just slumped down in front of him and pulled the book out of his hands. Namjoon was snapped out from his trance as he looked up at Jin in surprise.

"Hey! When did you come here?"

"Been a while. May I know, just what are you doing Joonie?", Jin asked taking one of the books in his hand to inspect it carefully. It was some old Korean history book.

"It's just some.. few things are stuck in my mind, Jinnie. I just can't get over them. Thought I might give them a thorough thought before deciding to discard them permanently from my mind.", He said completely distracted.

"And what is that?"

"Jimin's story."

Jin's ears were perked up. This was digging his mind over past three weeks. He felt like Jimin was telling the truth at some point. But on the other hand, he didn't want to go against his boyfriend and doubt his decisions over someone who he had met just few weeks ago.

Even if he himself felt some connection with Jimin, he pushed it purposefully at the back of his mind because of some unknown emotion of denial. He snapped out of his thoughts as Namjoon snapped the fingers in front of him.

"What are you thinking about?", Namjoon asked worriedly.

"N-nothing. Tell me about it. What about Jimin's story?", Namjoon was immediately distracted and he picked a notebook he had.

"Here, I found some important facts regarding the story he told us.", Namjoon scooted closer to Jin showing him the notes he made.

"As Jimin told us, Nohae, the unit of three kingdoms they had, it was true. See, Hanjang, Hanjuseong and Hanjoseon.", Jin just nodded silently telling him to continue.

"And Jimin told us that he was the Prince of Hanjuseong, right? In mid of year 1321, Hanjoseon teamed up with Hanjang and four more unit territories to attack on Hanjuseong. And obviously they succeeded reviewing the ratio of their armies. After they destroyed the whole kingdom, Hanjoseon established their territory. It's said to be the start of Joseon period.

Over 700 people were killed during the war because most of the people of Hanjuseong left the town overnight beforehand to save their lives from such a deadly war. Resulting the eventual defeat of Hanjuseong.

The Royal Family of 'Parks' was killed during the war and the palace was looted. And the name of Hanjuseong got buried in the pages of history permanently.", Namjoon finished.

Jin just sat frozen unable to react anything. So Namjoon continued, "Most of the people don't know about this considering its actual time period but Jimin knew this in very detail makes me question if he really has any delusional disorder. I mean which mental patient reads so much to gain all the details...."

Jin looked at him unamusedly as if telling him, he was the same.

"You read a lot too Joonie. I also sometimes doubt if you'll go mad because of it.", He said sarcastically. Namjoon looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah, that might be true. But Jimin doesn't seem to be the case..."

"So... You're saying that Jimin was right all along , yet you doubted him?", Jin asked in a low voice. Namjoon widened his eyes.

"No Jinnie... I'm not saying that exactly. It's just that everything fits perfectly according to his story. But him turning into stone because of some curse and being alive for so many years is some supernatural shit that I just can't believe.", Namjoon said slightly frustrated with himself.

"And what if it's truth?", Jin asked warily. Namjoon remained calm for few seconds.

"Then I don't know what to do.", He said defeatedly before throwing the notebook on the floor.

Jin and Namjoon both looked down in thoughts. They didn't know what to do at this point. Ever since Jimin was sent to mental hospital, the guilt was eating them up alive. But one part of their mind wasn't letting go of the feeling of uncertainty.

Suddenly, Namjoon's phone rang loudly. It was an unknown number. Namjoon immediately picked it up to avoid the librarian's annoyed glares. Jin sat there silently while Namjoon was talking on the phone. He kept glancing at the books sprawled on the floor.

"Jungkook and Taehyung want to meet me.", Namjoon said after cutting the call.

____________________

Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting on a couch of the specious living room of Namjoon's apartment. Taehyung kept glancing here and there in search of a familiar small figure.

"Actually we got your contact information from our Mam. She said you're Jimin's guardian, Mr. Kim.", Jungkook politely said. Namjoon just nodded while Jin kept staring at them.

Jin remembered what Jimin told them about these two. He said that he was the one he came back to life. And he needed them to not go back again.

"Uh.. Can we meet Jimin?", Taehyung asked a little nervously.

"Um.. I'm not sure...", Namjoon trailed off a little.

"Why? Is he alright? Is he really sick?", This time Jungkook sounded impatient.

"Um... He is admitted... In... A mental Institution."

"A WHAT!?"

____________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

I'm sorry for not updating earlier...
But yeah. I won't talk much.

Borahae 💜