Part 20: 🍁First Hope🍁

Song: "Film Out" by BTS

(🍁 Sign in the title shows the flashback time.)

*Flashback continues*

I never had felt so much hope in my life. The way Jihyun looked at me with a bright smile on her face made my heart warm. After so long I was seeing someone who looked at me without any disappointment or grief.

She still held her hand infront of him waiting patiently for him to take it.

Jimin slowly clasped his hand in hers. She lightly pulled him up and started brushing the dirt off his clothes. He was quietly staring at her.

"Are you okay?", she asked with a genuine concern. Jimin just nodded slightly.

She smiled and said, "That's good. What's your name?"

"It's Jimin."

"Okay then Jimin. Let's find your family. You must have lost them during the rundown.", Jimin's face fell listening to her. Jihyun immediately caught on it.

"I- I don't..."

"It's okay. You can stay with us...", She didn't let Jimin talk much seeing his discomfort. She just smiled at him assuring.

Jimin never felt such warmth until today. He thought, now he was left all alone. But that wasn't true.

Maybe God was still keeping an eye on him even though he had committed a crime and sent a guardian angel for him.

Jihyun didn't ask him anything else and started guiding him towards her house. While walking down she told him about her. She had a husband named Yoongi, who was out for collecting some essential stock for their home in this edgy situation.

Jihyun's house was nothing but a small hut. But it did gave a homey feeling that Jimin seeked for days.

She spread a worn out mattress on soiled floor of her hut for Jimin to settle on. Jimin sat on it and silently eyed how Jihyun brought some wood from the stack outside.

She pushed few sticks in the brick stove to light it up more. She placed a pot on the stove to make some warm guk for Jimin.
(A/N: Guk:- soup)

After tumbling few essential ingredients in the pot she kept it stirring the soup while wiping her watery eyes became of the smoke.

Jimin wanted to cry.

He was missing his mother and his family badly. Even if they had servants to do the cooking at their palace, his mother would supervise the work herself in the kitchen. He really misses them. Stray tears rolled down his puffy cheek.

"Aren't you gonna leave?", Jimin's trembling voice slowly spoke.

"What?", Jihyun looked at him confused.

"Everything is going to be destroyed. Hanjoseon soon will take over. Shouldn't you be saving your life and leave the town?", Jimin asked with tears brimming his eyes.

Jihyun sighed as she put the ladle down and approached the sniffling boy.

"Jimin, look. I know everything's going to be destroyed and I should be leaving. But I won't.", She softly spoke.

"But w-why?", Jimin looked up at her.

"Because this is my Motherland. I can't just leave everything behind. I know I will be doomed if I stay, but I'll be doomed if I leave too...", Jihyun said caressing Jimin's cheek. Jimin slowly started sobbing hard.

"I.. I'm such a sinner. I've caused all this...  I-it happened a-all because m-me..", Jimin stated between the sobs. Jihyun immediately engulfed him in a warm embrace to calm him.

"Shush... It's okay.. Tell me what happened.."

Jimin was crying hard but he told her each and everything that how his stupid decision of running away lead their kingdom to this deadly war. How he fought with his parents for his 'abnormal' love but now he is failing himself. How his family cursed him and set conditions of his return. Everything.

Jihyun didn't say anything. She let Jimin finish first. She waited until his sobs reduce to sniffles.

"Jimin I can understand you. Sure, it was your mistake. But you didn't do it on purpose. You're still so young. But it's not over yet. You can still go ba—", Jihyun said.

"No!! I can't just go back...", Jimin cried out.

"Why??", Jihyun asked him while patting his shoulder.

"It would mean like I lost. I failed in what I ever wanted in my life... And the truth is I'm not ready to lead the Kingdom. I don't think I'm ready for it yet....", Jimin sobbed.

Jihyun sighed. She looked at Jimin. She just couldn't everything on Jimin. Because he was still very young. He wanted to fight for something for the first time in his life. But his family also needs him to stand by their side. This was peek time.

So she did what she needed to....

"Okay then. I'll help you to find your Master Jungkook. But after that you should return to your family, with or without him!!"

_________________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

I know I have taken to much time to return here. But now this story will be daily updated!!

So yayy....

Borahae💜