Part 43: Never Changed

Song: "Scared" by Jeremy Zucker

"Come in.", A grave voice came from inside the cabin.

A man clearly in his fifties sat in back of the huge mahogany desk in his clad grey expensive suit. He looked up and was quite surprised to see his only son standing in front of him after so many days, and that too without any notice. Yup it was surprising because his son always like to avoid him. And whenever they met, they always fight on how he should leave his low status job and join their company instead.

"Namjoon! How wonderful to see you son...", He said but with zero enthusiasm in his voice. Like it was some kind of mannerism, Namjoon thought.

"It's nice to see you too Dad...", Namjoon gave a curt bow because giving hug when you're at work place is too ill mannered as was taught by his father.

"So you've finally decided to show up. Is it a good news or you're still stuck on your useless dream?", Namjoon's father snickered. Namjoon didn't show any emotions. He was used to his father's mocking anyway.

He hardly could remember his father praising for anything he has done. When he was kid, his father was normal like anyone else's father will be. And Namjoon actually never gave him anything to complain about. He was unexceptionally clever, always on top of the class. He was taught that he'll be leading their company once he's older.

Everything was good, no, everything was in order. But when teacher, asked them in one class, 'what you wanna do when you grow up?'. Namjoon spoke as he was taught, going to lead the company. But teacher caught that and she asked once again?

'What do you want to do?'

And then it came crushing down on him. 'What does he want to do?' He never had such thing. He wanted to have something he wishes for. He wanted to wish. And that's what he did.

Going against his father and choosing the profession he grow up liking towards. And on way he met Jin, who always supported him on his every decision. And he hasn't even told his dad about Jin yet. He swears, either he'll be disowned or his dad will get heart attack. He left home promising them he'll return only if he fails to achieve his dream. But his dad's nagging wasn't something he could avoid. He knew, he needed to do his 'Son's duty'.

But today he was here for a different reason.

"It's not about it. I have something to ask you dad..."

"I'm all ears.", His father leaned back a little disappointed with Namjoon's reason. Namjoon fished out his phone from his pocket and clicked something on it. He moved a lot closer and held the phone in front of his father, showing a picture on his screen. More specifically Jimin's photo.

"Do you know him Dad?"

His Dad squinted his eyes as he stared at the picture for a moment. Unsure look on his face.

"He looks familiar. But I'm not sure if I've met him anywhere.", He father spoke. Namjoon just stared at him, studying his expressions.

"Very well then.", Namjoon spoke and turned to leave.

"Wait Namjoon.", He stopped.

"Don't forget that I'm still waiting for your return.", His father sighed. Namjoon looked at him in amusement. He doesn't know, how many times did he have this conversation over and over again.

"What if... I tell you, I will never return. Because I'm happy where I am.", Namjoon tasted the waters. For the first time. He father's face contorted in something unexplainable.

"Then you would have to take care of that pretty nurse boy you are so fond of, son. You would never know, what will happen...", His father's voice was dead deep. It didn't fail to send shivers down Namjoon's spine thinking Jin being in any danger. He just nodded and quickly left his office without looking back.

Namjoon heaved a sigh once he was out of the building. He face was clearly bitter and disappointed as he stared at Jimin's pic in his phone.

"I can understand you Jimin, why you had to go against him in past.... Because he never was a good father."

_____________________________

"Hey Jimin... Where you went off to? I was looking for you in whole college and you're enjoying cocoa here...", Yeosang whined as he approached Jimin who was sitting with his hot cocoa clutched tightly in his hands.

"I—", Jimin started talking but he was disturbed with a whistle that came from his side. He looked to his right to see Kai eyeing Yeosang up and down in amusement.

"Who is this Jiminie?", He asked still eyeing Yeosang who shifted uncomfortably under Kai's gaze.

"Um... This is Yeosang. My classmate and only friend including Hoseok hyung.", Jimin provided. Kai just hummed long still looking at Yeosang who had started squirming at this point.

Jimin of course told Kai everything including him not being born again but being still alive. Like everyone Kai was shocked at first but he believed him quickly. That never even was question to start with. Kai not believing Jimin, it would never happen.

"Hi, myself Jongin or for short you can call me Kai... And also... You're cute.", Kai shaker hand with Yeosang and quickly pecked the back of his hand. Yeosang's eyes widen and a furious blush crept on his face while Kai smiled smugly.

"I... I see you're busy Jimin. I'll m-meet you in class...", Yeosang facepalmed internally for stuttering like this but he didn't wait to think much and rushed out of the sight before that insanely handsome flirt gets best of him.

"Hyung.", Jimin pinched Kai's arm in warning who was still eyeing Yeosang's retreating figure with amusement.

"I'm sorry... So where were we? Oh yeah, 1620.", Kai shrugged and Jimin laughed.

"You really didn't change, did you? Anyway, I was talking about Hoseok hyung. I want you to meet him. He's from 1520.", Jimin told him.

"Is he long living like you?", Kai asked curiously.

"No... He's also like you and Jihyun Noona. Rebirthed. Actually I want you to meet them both. Because surprisingly they both remember me as well. But Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung still don't remember anything. I don't know why is that.", Jimin mumbled while stirring his Cocoa.

Kai stared at him for a minute long. "Do these two remember you as well?", He showed his finger at door but Jimin caught it that he was asking about Jungkook and Taehyung. He shook head.

"Hmmm.... I wonder why is that. Kai mumbled.", Buried in deep thoughts because a sudden wrong feeling was caught up in his chest.

He was in trance when suddenly Jimin held his chest with face contorted in pain. Kai was snapped out of his trance when Jimin let out a little whimper.

"What happened baby Min? Are you okay??", He held Jimin's shoulder. Jimin eased back out in mere few seconds.

"It's okay. I'm okay now...", Jimin smiled assuring him.

"But what happened suddenly? Are you not feeling well?", He asked concerned.

"I guess. I get mild pains in chest nowadays. But it's not that serious so I'm okay.", He smiled. But Kai didn't return that smile.

Because he was not sure if Jimin really was okay. Because his heart was leaping in chest with unfamiliar fear and he refused to believe otherwise...

_____________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

Howdy!? Here's an update... Tell me what do you think. Please don't be a ghost reader cz your comments cheer me up to write...

Borahae 💜