Part 41: For 7 Centuries

Song: "Aayat" by Arijit Singh

Silence was spread over the table as everyone gulped down their meal.

Why was the silence though? Because Jimin was sitting their with his oddly calm aura while Jin, Namjoon, Jihyun and Hoseok were sitting across the table. They were quietly looking for any odd behaviour Jimin was having, which he was.

Jimin was very calm ever since he came from his walk from earlier that day. They expected him to ask questions like why all of them were there, what were they talking about behind him, but he didn't. He just remained silent without uttering any word. Jihyun asked if there was any problem, to which he just replied that his chest was hurting a little and didn't want to talk with anyone.

"Jimin, are you okay?", Jin finally broke the awkward silence. Concern was written all over his face.

"I'm okay. Just little tired.", Jimin curtly answered. No one said anything. They were kind of contemplating if Jimin was really not feeling well or this was just an excuse cut the conversation short.

"Jimin, if you won't mind, can I ask you a question?", Hoseok asked cautiously. Jimin just hummed continuing eating.

"Was your necklace always in red colour?"

Jimin looked up at him with an unreadable expression. Everyone was staring at him curiously waiting for his answer.

"Because I briefly remember it was bluish purple, indigo type back in our past. But now I see it's the red one.", Hoseok said observing the smaller's expressions. Jimin became a little tensed hearing this. He never would've imagined that he observed that. He didn't say anything, instead still keeping silence.

"I also wanted to know that Jimin. In our time too you had the necklace similar to this one. Just in violet colour. Where did you get it?", Jihyun asked him. Jimin looked up at her. She was looking at him with dead serious expressions. He sighed before putting down the spoon and looking up at all the curious stares on him.

"These diamonds were jaded on the head of my throne. They wanted me to conquer all the seven kingdoms that ruled that time. So those diamonds were jaded as good luck wish for me. But when I was cursed one diamond detached from the throne and was tied around my neck. It's like a leash that ties me in curse. So whenever I wake up one diamond from the throne gets tied around my neck.", He answered simply. Not even bothered by the dense situation while others were taking large gulps of air while listening.

"Is it—", Namjoon gulped.

"Yeah. That's the truth even if you won't believe.", Jimin answered in slight bitterness. He was a little still bitter about Jin and Namjoon sending him off to the mental hospital. He may not have judged the tense expressions everyone was having or he just ignored them. He just shrugged and stood up to leave. All the others stood up abruptly with him.

"Jimin, we believe you. Just because we didn't in the past, doesn't mean we still doubt you. At least not now that we have two more people to provide testimony for it. Just put yourself in our shoes. Someone tells us some unbelievable story claiming we're part of it too. But we don't remember even a bit of it. How would you react? It's already frustrating that Jihyun and Hoseok remember everything, but not us. We're going crazy thinking it over and over again.", Namjoon sighed with wet eyes. Jimin looked at him. His eyes soften.

"I know Namjoon hyung. It's just that I don't want to suffer anymore. I want to have a normal life like anyone else. I want to have the usual concerns of study and job like anyone else in my college. I don't want to count the days I've left with to back to that dark room again...", Jimin murmured. Jihyun and Hoseok looked at him with pained expressions. Jin stood up to console him but Jimin turned around and stepped towards his bedroom.

"That's why we're requesting you Jimin. Try talking with them. Please, for us, at least try to break the curse....", Namjoon cried. Jimin turned around to face him. A silent tear rolled down his expressionless face.

"Believe me Namjoon hyung. I have tried.... For 7 centuries....."

_____________________

Jimin looked out of the window staring at the playground.

Yesterday after talking with Jin and Namjoon he finally felt at peace. He honestly could understand them as to why they didn't believe him at first. But it still hurt. That's why he wasn't talking with them for quite some time. Now they were back on good terms.

He was lost into his thoughts when he felt someone standing besides his desk. He looked up to see Jungkook looking down at him with a curious but serious stare.

"What?", Jimin asked, boredom clear in his voice. He didn't wanted to ruin his day by talking with any of them.

"Can I have a talk with you privately?", He calmly asked.

"About?"

"You."

"What about me?"

"Please. Only few minutes.", Jungkook pleaded. Well, that's new. He sighed.

He came out only to meet an anxious Taehyung tapping his foot vigorously against floor. Jungkook called out to him. Taehyung stood up and just as he looked at Jimin, he approached him.

"What did you wanted to talk?", Jimin retorted. Just as Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, Jungkook spoke up.

"Don't you think you owe us an explanation?"

"What explanation? And I don't think I have anything to owe you...", Jimin bit back.

"Jimin please tell us whatever that is you're hiding.", Jungkook spoke seriously, but with a gentle tone.

"I'm leaving.", Maybe Jimin sensed what they were talking about. So it was better leave than engaging himself in any conversation with them.

But before he could leave, Jungkook held his wrist firmly and yanked him back. And with an impact Jimin was collided with Jungkook's firm broad chest. The distance between them was too less for Jimin's liking as an unknown blush crept on his surprised face. Jungkook never had seen him this flustered. And looking at him like this, he felt the world around him getting blurry slowly.

But before he could get any lost Jimin pushed him away.

"Stay away!!", He shrieked and ran out of the room leaving Taehyung and Jungkook dumbfounded.

______________________

Jimin strolled towards his classroom with quiet steps, the scene from earlier replaying in his mind.

He was angry at himself for getting flustered like that and almost showing his vulnerable side to those two, yet again. He needed to get his acts together. He cannot get soft for them.

Remember Jimin, they're the ones who snatched your freedom away....

Just as he took turn around the premises he was tugged by his hand into an empty classroom. His back was met with the hard door behind him but one hand was securing his back of the head from hitting it. And another hand was pressed onto his mouth to restrain him from making any noise.

At first Jimin was startled but as he looked up at the perpetrator his eyes were opened wide. He let out a loud gasp which went muffled by the other's hand. Once that person was sure Jimin wasn't going to scream he slowly removed his hand from his mouth.

"Howdy Baby Min?", The person enthusiastic voice boomed in the empty classroom. And Jimin let out another loud gasp.

"Kai Hyung!???"

________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

I'm sorry I keep delaying updates. But please bare with me and tell me your thoughts.

Saranghae❤️