Chapter 27: Finally Leaving St. Mungos

"So, do you know exactly when Albus will be okay to go home?" Albus's father asked the doctor, who was scribbling notes on his clipboard.

"It should be today, Mr. Potter," the doctor replied.

This was not a good day for Albus. Both his arms were sore from the several times nurses have come in and poked needles through his skin to take blood, also causing him to be quite woozy. Albus was also forced to have a full head-to-toe physical and some type of magical procedures to monitor his brain and heart activities, which both took hours to complete thoroughly. Thankfully nothing appeared wrong in Albus's blood work or brain scan. Now his parents were filling out paperwork so they could leave.

As odd as this sounds, Albus would kind of miss being in St. Mungos. The past week of reuniting and catching up with his best friends was the best day he's had since, well, since before the coma. It definitely would be interesting going back to Hogwarts next week. It was already a week into the second half of Albus's fifth year, so it would be a challenge trying to catch up when he didn't even finish his fourth year yet. Professor McGonagall kindly allowed Albus, Rose, Holly, and Scorpius to go ahead and continue their educations in their fifth year, considering all that the four of them had been through.

Anyways, Albus's father and mother were having their boring conversation with the doctor about insurance and all that rubbish, while Albus, James, and Lily were having their own conversation.

"Wow, Al, looks like you're finally going to be free from prison," James joked, causing Lily to snort and burst out laughing.

Albus smiled and glared at his brother. "Shut it, James."

Suddenly there was a light knock on the door. Since the adults across the room didn't hear it, Lily was the one who hopped up to answer it. She opened the door and standing there was Hugo, who was sporting an excited grin. He and Lily did their signature, complicated handshake, then Hugo announced, "Guys, I have good news! Rose is being checked out of St. Mungos today too!"

Albus smiled. At least he wouldn't have to go back to Hogwarts alone.

James smirked and said, "Let me guess, Grandma and Grandpa Weasley are throwing a party at the Burrow tonight to celebrate Albus and Rose's freedom?"

Hugo looked momentarily shock, although it wasn't a shock. The Weasley's practically threw a party for everything (even when Albus lost his first tooth).

Then a thought occurred to Albus. "Wait, Hugo, where is Rose? Is she alright?"

Hugo pursed his lips. "She's...still upset about Scorpius. Grandma came and took her home early."

It's been several days since Scorpius fled the hospital. Since then, Rose has been avoiding everyone and crying at every moment Albus saw her. Albus hadn't even spent that much time with Holly recently either. He never said this often, but he was glad that James and Lily had been there for him the past few days. They were actually the best siblings one could ask for.

"She'll feel better when she goes back to Hogwarts and has an essay to write every night and has the library's nearly unlimited amount of books to poke her nose into," James said.

Albus just hoped Hogwarts would be the thing to heal her depression.

Shuffling was heard across the room, and Albus noticed that his parents and his doctor stand up and make their way towards him.

"Well, Albus, it appears you're healthy enough to return home now," the doctor said, smiling. "And you're allowed to return to Hogwarts at the beginning of next week."

The doctor bid them goodbye and left the room. Cheers filled the room and Albus's mother cried and pulled her son into a tight hug.

"It's time to go home, Al," his father said, smiling.