Chapter 31: Glad To Be Back

Rose knew that blonde hair and piercing gray eyes anywhere. She couldn't help but squeal and run over to Scorpius like one of those lovesick girls from Muggle romance films. Scorpius's face broke into a huge grin and he stood up, catching Rose when she jumped into his arms. There were choruses of 'Aww's' around the Great Hall, making the hugging couple blush. Holly even started clapping. 

A sudden thought occurred to Rose. She hated to be the one to interrupt the romantic moment between her and her boyfriend, but she felt what she did next was necessary. Rose stepped away from Scorpius momentarily, gave him her best glare, and smacked the side of his head. Everyone in the room froze. Albus even shook his head. Rose didn't like that she was making a scene, but she deserved to know why she and her friends haven't seen her boyfriend in a week. 

"Ow! What the bloody hell was that for?" Scorpius exclaimed, rubbing his head. 

Rose's face flushed red with anger. He show know why I'm angry, she thought. 

"That was for disappearing for a week and not telling anyone about your whereabouts! Do you know how worried I was?" Rose exclaimed back at him, even louder.

Scorpius scratched the back of his neck, something he did when he was guilty. "I can explain, Rose. I just needed time alone. I'm so sorry I worried you."

Rose crossed her arms over her chest, clearly still angry at him. "You could have at least told me and your friends, Scor."

"I know," said Scorpius. Then he glanced from Rose, Holly, and then Albus. "Can you all forgive me?"

Rose walked past Scorpius and sat down on the bench beside Holly, grabbing an apple from the basket in front of her. She muttered, "I suppose so." She wanted to make sure Scorpius knew how much he upset her.

"I guess so," replied Albus. "Just don't do anything stupid like that again."

"Agreed," muttered Holly with her mouth full of food. 

Scorpius chuckled. "I'll try not to."

Then Scorpius walked over to the table and took a seat on the bench beside Rose, while Albus took a seat on the opposite end beside Holly. Rose tried not to glance at Scorpius, since she was still trying to act angry at him. But one thing she's learned from knowing Scorpius for the past four years, is that it is nearly impossible to stay mad at him. Rose could barely keep herself from grinning at how close he was to her.

"I know you're dying to smile," Scorpius muttered. Rose could sense he was smirking. She was glad his usual humorous side of him was back.

Rose pursed her lips. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Then she felt Scorpius grab her hand and intertwine his fingers in hers, adjusting their connected hands until they rested comfortably on the table. Rose could feel her face burning red. Yup, it was quite impossible to stay mad at Scorpius Malfoy. 

After breakfast, Rose practically sprinted to her first class. It was no surprise that Rose loved school and learning unlike any other student in her grade, probably the whole school. So it was a huge relief to be back in a classroom again, listening to insightful lectures that others may think are boring. Rose looked up to her Hogwarts professors respectfully. She would love to be a professor one day.

By the time the school day was over, Rose was exhausted. She was in the Gryffindor common room with Scorpius, Albus, and Holly. Rose was cuddled close to Scorpius, enjoying the warmth of the crackling fire in the fireplace. Times like these was what Rose missed the most. Now she could enjoy herself back at her home; at Hogwarts.

~ ~ ~

I AM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER SUCKS AND IT'S SHORT! AND THAT I'M LATE UPDATING!

I have terrible writer's block and I'm having trouble deciding where the story is going. But don't worry, it is not over yet! Just bare with me please!

Thank you so much for reading and please comment and vote! Thanks! :)