Chapter 12: Scorpius and Rose's Favorite Room

Scorpius couldn't sleep. One, because Albus was snoring away as loudly as possible. Unfortunately, and it was as awkward as it sounds, Albus and Scorpius were indeed sharing a bed. Luckily it was a king sized bed so they wouldn't be close together, to Scorpius's relief. Albus sure wasn't a fun roommate.

Holly might have to deal with sleeping next to him eventually, Scorpius thought, making him snicker to himself.

When his eyelids refused to close, Scorpius groaned and got out of bed. A walk around the mansion a few times surely would wear him out. As quietly as he could, he slipped on a robe and house shoes and sneaked out the door, which of course creaked as it opened. This only made Albus snore louder and mutter something about Holly being pretty. Scorpius rolled his eyes at his best friend's strangeness.

The halls were dark, even with the faintly lit lanterns set on side tables on every hall. It was quite cold too, and uncomfortably quiet. Ignoring his paranoid thoughts, Scorpius continued to tip-toe across the marble floors, already feeling the exhaustion he'd been aiming for setting in. As he passed a door, assuming it was Rose and Holly's guest bedroom, he heard a noise from inside. Are one of them awake? Scorpius was so bored, and he was eager for company.

The door was already cracked an inch, so Scorpius peeked through the small opening, his face pressed against the doorframe. He recognized flaming red hair and a slender body dressed in a nightgown. Rose had her back towards him, examining a bookshelf. Scorpius smiled to himself. Of course Rose would be looking at books at nearly 1 in the morning.

Scorpius accidentally pushed the door open slightly with his nose, making it creak loudly. Rose yelped in surprise and spun around, holding her hand to her chest and breathing heavily after being startled. Scorpius pushed the door open and walked in, grinning sheepishly at his girlfriend. She playfully glared at him and walked over towards him, slowly, making Scorpius gulp. Why was she walking like that? Scorpius's head went crazy when he was around Rose.

Expecting a kiss, Scorpius puckered his lips slightly, only to bite them painfully when he was smacked hard on the head.

"That's for scaring me!" Rose exclaimed, keeping her voice down and gestured with her eyes over to a sleeping Holly, who was sprawled over the entire bed. Scorpius assumed Holly being a bed hog was one of the reasons Rose was still awake.

"I'm sorry," Scorpius grinned mischievously, placing his hands on Rose's hips. He pulled her closer and gave her a loving kiss, then pulled away and whispered, "I just wanted to see you."

Rose blushed, which Scorpius absolutely adored. She muttered, "You couldn't wait until morning?"

Scorpius shook his head, breathing out the word "No" like it was sigh of relief that he was finally with Rose again after what seemed like an eternity. The two gazed at each other for a second before Scorpius nonchalantly browsed the various books at the shelf. He already knew what all of them were, but really he was just trying to avoid Rose's gaze. That girl sure made his 15 year old boy mind go haywire.

Rose came up behind Scorpius and wrapped her arms around his waist, making him tense up immediately. She sensed this and placed a light kiss on his cheek. This didn't improve how much Scorpius wanted to kiss this amazing girl standing in front of her, showing her how much she truly meant to him. No, they couldn't kiss in here. Holly could wake up and suspect something "else" was going on.

Scorpius mentally smacked himself to rid of the thought. Then he suddenly had an idea.

He grabbed Rose's hand and said, "I want to show you something you've been wanting to see. Come on."
She was very curious and followed him. Together they walked hand in hand in the almost completely dark hallways, towards one of Scorpius's favorite places in the mansion. He knew Rose would love it too. Plus they'd be alone...

Mother would kill me if she found out I was going in a room alone with a girl, thought Scorpius, cringing. But it wasn't like they were going beyond kissing and snogging.

They finally reached their destination and Scorpius pulled open the tall double doors. Inside was like heaven to Rose. Rows of shelves holding books lined every inch of the walls, each as tall as the ceiling. In the center of the magnificent home library was a lounging area that Scorpius loved. He led Rose over to the couch and sat down with her, grabbing a book he wanted to show her.

"What's this?" Rose asked when Scorpius handed the book to her. She studied the cover, which read The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, looking confused yet intrigued.

Scorpius gulped. He really wasn't supposed to show anyone this, but ever since his father stopped hating anything to do with Muggles, well, he became fond of Muggle books. Scorpius loved them as well.

"It's a Muggle book. I thought you might like to borrow it," Scorpius explained, "It's one of my personal favorites."

Rose flipped the book over and read the short description of the book, her eyebrows rising higher in interest as she read what the novel was about.

Then Rose smiled and set the book down on the coffee table. She then took Scorpius's hands and said, "It sounds fascinating, Scor, thank you so much."

Scorpius smiled back. He loved when he could make his girlfriend happy. Right now, she was beaming with excitement, and her blue eyes were twinkling with happiness. He couldn't restrict himself anymore. Pulling Rose closer to him by her hands, he smashed his lips onto hers, instantly feeling sparks spread throughout his body. As cliche as it sounds, the feeling felt exactly like electricity buzzing from his lips to his toes.

The kiss instantly deepened, and then they were snogging. Scorpius placed one hand on the back of Rose's neck and the other trailed down to her waist. Rose had her fingers tangled in Scorpius's thick blonde hair, making goosebumps rise on his skin. They definitely hadn't kissed like that before.

They both pulled away at the same time, staring at each other adoringly. Each were out of breath, their lips swollen, and their chests heaving from the lack of oxygen. Their hair and sleep clothes were wrinkled, Scorpius's shirt was even halfway off. He blushed furiously, embarrassed. But since Rose was staring at his sort-of toned abdomen, that made him feel a bit better.

"Well, that was..." Scorpius said awkwardly. Their make out session left both of them speechless.

"Yes, very..." Rose agreed, knowing what Scorpius meant. He meant to say amazing.

The two shared an awkward silence, before Scorpius finally stood up, holding out his hand for Rose. "You want me to escort you back to your room?"

"Yes, thank you," Rose smiled, taking his hand. Together, they walked out of the library, which was now the couple's definite favorite room of the mansion.

* *

Ooh Scorpius and Rose had an intense moment there...😁

Anyways thanks for reading! Really, I appreciate you guys so much and I love updating my story to make you guys happy! I promise things will get pretty interesting! This chapter was kind of a break from the chaos. I can't stress this enough; THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! 😃