Chapter 43: Back At The Burrow

Oh no, Rose thought.

It was never good whenever parents got involved in things. Although it was a nice offer for them to help with her and her friends'... predicament, Rose really would much prefer to figure out her own issue. But then again, her parents and Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny were practically experts with this type of stuff; stuff being odd situations. Maybe the extra help wouldn't hurt. They sure needed to figure out what was going on with their powers, and fast.

After awhile of the four friends gaping at the adults standing in the doorway, Harry spoke up and said, "Professor McGonagall told us everything."

"So you know that the four of us are basically screwed?" Albus murmured, and Rose couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"Albus," Aunt Ginny warned her son. "Watch your attitude."

In response, Albus sunk in his seat in defeat. Someone was grumpy.

"So let me get this straight," Scorpius suddenly said, standing up and walking over to the adult wizards. "You're going to help us figure out and control our magic?"

Rose's father narrowed his eyes at Scorpius. "Well we can't just let you four run around having no idea how to control your new powers."

"He's right," Rose's mother added, resting her arm on her husband's shoulder. "You four are already endangering yourselves as it is. And that's why we talked to Professor McGonagall and agreed to pull you out of school and figure out how to train you at the Burrow."

Rose's eyes widened and she shook her head in horror. "What? You can't do that, Mum!"

"Being at Hogwarts isn't the safest option anymore," her father explained, pity in his eyes.

"You're putting yourselves in danger as well as the students around you," Aunt Ginny added, earning a nod from her brother.

Albus looked aghast as well. "We're already behind on our schoolwork though because of our stupid comas! We'll have to repeat fifth year!"

His father shook his head. "McGonagall is dismissing your absences and, with a lot of studying and making up exams over the summer, she agreed that you four could be ready for your sixth year by the time fall comes around."

Rose looked at her uncle with disbelief. There was no way that they'd be ready for sixth year. They were already behind as it is! Rose was terrified about losing her precious learning time, and that she wouldn't be able to catch up to pass this year. This was just too much.

"So you're trapping us at the Burrow like prisoners where we can't hurt anyone. Is that what you're saying?" Rose asked skeptically.

Her mother shook her head. "No, darling! This is merely just a precaution. You four aren't exactly stable, from what I've heard."

What was that supposed to mean? "I can't believe this is happening," Rose grumbled.

"What about mine and Scorpius's parents? Do they know about this?" Holly asked.

Aunt Ginny smiled and nodded. "Yes, they're aware of all this and they agreed with our decision. They will be visiting you two at the Burrow in a few days, I think."

Holly smiled happily, even hopping once in place with excitement. How was she so joyous at a time like this?

"So when are we leaving?" Albus asked glumly.

"Right after you four pack your things," Uncle Harry replied, gesturing with his eyes up the stairs to their dorms.

So they got no warning? They're just going to leave right then and now? Rose had the strong urge to scream into her pillow.