Chapter 78: A Victory and Loss

Salazar Slytherin grinned. His plan was beginning to unfold right before his eyes. Finally, after over a thousand years of waiting for the prophecy to occur, watching hundreds of generations of unworthy and disgusting Muggleborns and Half-Bloods receive an education in his school, he was now able to put a stop to it. He praised himself for his patience and dedication that was about to, at last, pay off. He was now indomitable.

Please, Salazar! Scorpius kept screaming. Don't do this! You know this isn't right!

Salazar gritted his teeth. The stupid boy's incessant screaming was giving him a headache. "Silence! Your friends are still alive, but I can make sure the basilisk kills them faster!"

This shut the boy up.

In all honesty, Scorpius was an excellent boy. He was wise beyond his years, ambitious, and cared a lot about his friends. He reminded Salazar of himself when he was young. If only Scorpius obliged, he wouldn't be in the position he was in right now. It was a real shame; Salazar could have taught him so much that would be more worthwhile than anything his Hogwarts education could have ever provide him.

Screams continued to ring out throughout Hogwarts campus, further fueling Salazar's eagerness. He always knew Lucius Malfoy and his Death Eaters would invade the school on this night, but over the centuries, he decided that maybe he could take advantage of this. Salazar admired their cause and loyalty. After all, they were continuing what he meant to start so very long ago. It was quite flattering, really.

But over time, wizards would try to portray themselves as some sort of replicas of Salazar Slytherin. Those most notorious were Gellert Grindelwald, Lord Voldemort, and now Lucius Malfoy, who all shared several things in common. They wanted to be feared by all of the wizarding world, and they really were extraordinary leaders. But most importantly, they wanted to carry out Salazar's plan to rid the wizarding world of Muggleborns and Half-Bloods. They even started to claim it as theirs.

Salazar vowed to make sure that would never happen. He would return one day and finish what he started, and prevent anyone from taking his glory. Now he had done just that, steps from obtaining what he'd been craving for over a thousand years. Today, he was making history.

He stepped closer to the window, aiming his wand to the sky, gathering up every bit of magic swimming through his veins into the very spell he was about to cast. Salazar would cast this spell on every single Pureblooded wizard that was currently within the barrier he had casted around Hogwarts. He would begin here, and soon, every living Pureblood would be on his side. His very own army, one that would put Gellert Grindelwald's and Lord Voldemort's to shame.

Salazar, stop! Scorpius pleaded.

Salazar tuned him out, breathing in deeply and closing his eyes, feeling his and Scorpius's combined powers mixing and working as one. He then opened his eyes wide and gasped, the spell spilling from his lips with ease and meaning, magic practically erupting from Scorpius's wand.

"Imperius Totalus!" Salazar boomed, shooting a blast of bright, yellow light into the sky, barely missing the barrier, parting the clouds and brightening the night. He waited for a moment as the spell wrapped into the clouds like a funnel. Then, a heavy yellow-green mist began to seep below the clouds and towards the ground, making everyone experiencing the phenomenon race for shelter.

But nothing could stop the school-wide Imperius Curse from touching each Pureblooded wizard in its path. Even the most strong-willed wizards would not be able to resist it.

"My army," Salazar beamed proudly, addressing his new followers. "I command you to join my basilisk's orders to kill every Muggleborn wizard and witch you come across. You will all be greatly rewarded."