Chapter 61: The Return Of A Familiar Map

It was a peaceful late April night at Hogwarts, with its students and professors being lulled to sleep by the melodious thumps of raindrops from a light spring shower. Amongst the students consumed by deep slumber were the four teenage reincarnations, oblivious to the famous spirits who inhabited them momentarily drifting away from their hosts. A brief meeting was scheduled on this very night.

The last to arrive in the dark, vacant corridor near the Great Hall was Godric Gryffindor, much to the others impatience.

"You are late, Godric," Rowena Ravenclaw said disdainfully, her voice carrying an airy tone due to her being a ghost.

"My apologies, Rowena," replied Godric Gryffindor, gliding over towards the group. "I was making sure the corridors were clear. It seems this rain shower tonight has everyone well out of consciousness."

"Thank Merlin for allowing tonight to work well into our favor," Helga Hufflepuff commented cheerily. "We have planned this meeting for months!"

"Indeed," said Rowena, nodding her head. "But we must make this quick. Leaving our hosts' bodies for too long is risky."

"Being here is risky," said Salazar Slytherin, who was obviously not in the mood for this late night meeting. "This is the first time in almost a year that we have been out of those moody adolescents' bodies, and this is how we spend our temporary freedom?"

"Now Salazar," Rowena tried consoling, but Salazar interrupted her.

"Do you know how hard it is trying to advise a lovesick boy like Scorpius Malfoy? All I hear all day long is 'Rose this' and 'Rose that.' It drives me mad!"

"Try dealing with Albus Potter for day," Godric countered. "He is the most complicated boy I have ever come across! And I thought his father was a conflicted boy!"

"We are handling adolescents," Helga reminded them, trying to make peace. "It is bound to get messy at times."

"Precisely," Rowena agreed, clasping her ghostly pale, translucent hands. "Now, shall we discuss the reason why we have gathered here tonight?"

The other three Founders nodded, waiting for Rowena to take the lead of their meeting. Ironically, centuries ago when the four of them first created the prophecy, Rowena Ravenclaw was highly against it. She wanted nothing to do with the concept. But as centuries went on and things began happening every few years at Hogwarts, she began to realize that their precious school needed a savior. Better yet, four saviors.

But the Four Founders couldn't help but question themselves: Could four teenagers save their school?

"Their time is approaching more quickly than we thought," Rowena said to her fellow Founders. "But is their preparation enough?"

"Their powers have improved tremendously," added Godric. "They have proven themselves before, and I believe they can do it again."

"But are they powerful enough to defeat Dark Magic?" Salazar implored, his ghostly voice echoing through the corridor. "From experience, Dark Magic is difficult to deal with. I am not entirely sure four adolescent wizards can defeat such a force."

"Yes, but are you forgetting, Salazar, that these adolescent wizards are not ordinary for their age?" Rowena retorted, causing Salazar Slytherin to go silent. He hated it when he was outsmarted.

"When does the prophecy officially begin?" Godric asked, changing the subject.

"Sometime during their 7th year at Hogwarts, which begins quite soon," Rowena replied, bowing her head before adding, "I just wish they had more time."

Harry Potter: 19 Years Later On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara