Chapter 5: Surprise in the Prophet

Rose woke up the next morning with a shriek and was gasping for breath. This wasn't normal for her to have nightmares. At least not one like she just experienced. It was pretty bizarre, and left frightening images of it in Rose's mind.

Holly, Rose's girl best friend, who was the only one who shared the dorm with her, gracefully sat up in her bed and removed her sleep mask from her eyes. It was still a mystery to Rose how Holly always woke up so peacefully and well-rested.

"What's the matter, Rose? You look like you've seen a dead hippogriff." Holly said. Rose blinked at her for a second. It usually took a while to decipher what Holly said sometimes, because she always said confusing things that people rarely understood. Luckily, Rose mostly comprehended what she just said, though she certainly didn't want to think about poor dead hippogriffs.

"I just had a nightmare." Rose told her, still trying to catch her breath.

Holly got up out of her bed, stretching and yawning like they did in muggle movies. Rose giggled when she noticed her best friend was wearing baby blue onesie pajamas with unicorns on them. Only Holly Longbottom, she thought.

"Do you remember what it was about?" Holly asked once she finally stopped yawning repeatedly.

Rose pondered her dream. It truly was peculiar. She remembered being in a dark hallway filled with expressionless people, who walked straight through her as if she were a ghost. The scary part was when she saw the people she loved amongst the crowd of people. At first, she thought everyone was dead, but they were still blinking. Seeing Scorpius, Albus, Holly, and her parents acting like unaware zombies made her start panicking. Then a booming spoke to her, saying things like 'There's nothing you can do, Rose Weasley' and 'You can't prevent what is coming.'

But what made her lose control and scream in her dream was when the voice said, "The ones you love most will die. Even your love interest."

Then Scorpius collapsed forward, and the voice in the dream announced coldly that he was dead.

Rose explained all this to Holly, who looked just as confused as she was. Holly also look frightened, something Rose hadn't seen from her before.

"Are you alright, Holly?" Rose asked her. Holly stared at the floor, obviously disturbed by hearing about Rose's dream.

"Rose...something very similar to that happened in a dream I had about two nights ago." Holly whispered.

Rose froze, and suddenly it was hard to breathe.

"Also," Holly added. "Albus finally told me about his nightmares recently. They're...they're also quite similar to what you just talked about too."

"Holly! Why haven't you told me about this before? I mean that is pretty weird, don't you think? That me, you, and even Albus have been having the same dreams?" Rose asked, now on her feet. They continued their conversation as they got dressed in their uniforms and robes.

"I'm sorry! I just didn't think it was anything to worry about. At least we're not having these dreams almost every night like Albus does." Holly said.

"You're right about that, but I just have a funny feeling about it." Rose's voice trailed off. Her hands were shaking for some odd reason.

Holly gave her a small smile. "I wouldn't worry about it too much, Rose. Now come on, I'm starving."

And with that, the two girls left their dormitory and exited the common room, each with rumbling stomachs craving breakfast.

What they weren't expecting was the Great Hall to be in chaos when they arrived. Owls were flying all around the room dropping Daily Prophet issues into various students' laps. The news must've been bad, because once the kid received their paper and took a glance at the front cover, they gasped in horror and shock, then proceeded to talk to their friends frantically about it. Even the teachers looked a bit nervous when they took a look at the Prophet too.