Chapter 13: Albus Learns More About Holly

Albus woke up an hour after falling asleep, now being around 4 in the morning, to the sound of footsteps in the hall. Usually he was a heavy sleeper, so it was incredible that quiet footsteps (well, they were trying to be quiet but not succeeding) woke him up. Groaning, Albus sat up in his bed and took out his wand, muttering Lumos, and also switching on the lamp. The space on the other side of the bed was empty, which was where Scorpius slept. Albus hated that he had to share a bed with him.

Suddenly a thump sounded from just outside the bedroom door, with hushed giggles soon followed. He recognized Rose and Scorpius's voices as they whispered and giggled to each other. Why were they up and wondering about? Albus mentally answered his own question a split second later.

Merlin knows what they've been doing, thought Albus, rolling his eyes.

Thinking of the couple reminded him of Holly. Albus wondered if she was awake right now, just like him. His heart fluttered with excitement just thinking of the idea of sneaking out of the guest bedroom to secretly go see his girlfriend. Surely she wouldn't be asleep, considering the amount of noise Rose and Scorpius were making in the hall. The two were silent for a few seconds, which probably meant they were snogging.

As Albus quickly pulled on a T-shirt, the bedroom door creaked open, and Scorpius tiptoed inside. When he turned around after shutting the door as quietly as possible, he froze and gasped, not expecting Albus to be awake and standing by the bed. Albus snorted and let out a quiet chuckle. Oh, how he was going to have fun with this.

"So where have you been, mate?" Albus asked, trying to control his laughter.

Even from the dull light from the lamp, Albus could see Scorpius's face turn beet red.

"Uhh..." Scorpius stuttered. "I had to use the loo."

Albus raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Oh really, now? And how come you have lipstick marks on your cheek?"

Scorpius's eyes widened and he immediately started rubbing his face to rid of the pink lipstick marks that stood out against his pale skin. Afterwards, he sighed and muttered, "Fine, I was with Rose."

Amused, Albus smirked and said, "I thought so."

Albus then slipped on some house shoes and made his way towards the door, anxious to get to Holly. Seeing her always made his mood a million times better. Being around her reminded Albus of that feeling you get when winter ends and spring begins. The sun, or Holly, brightened up everything. Just look at how utterly lovesick I am, Albus mused to himself.

As Albus's hand touched the brass doorknob, he heard Scorpius say, "And where are you going, Al?"

Bloody hell, Albus mentally cursed himself. He'd never leave me alone about this.

Stupidly, the first answer that Albus blurted out was, "The loo."

Scorpius collapsed on the bed in a fit of laughter, which he muffled by holding a pillow over his mouth. Albus learned then that "the loo" was never a good excuse for anything sneaky you're about to do.

After Scorpius calmed down his laughter, he said, "Mate, you could've just said that you're going to Holly's room in the first place."

Sighing, Albus replied, "Yeah, but knowing you, you'd make a huge, unnecessary deal about it."

Scorpius grinned. "You know me so well."

Albus rolled his eyes and slowly turned the doorknob and pulled the door open, which annoyingly creaked. Once he was out in the hall, he ducked his head inside the doorway and whispered to Scorpius before leaving, "I'll be back in a bit."