Chapter 11: Trip to Malfoy Manor

Rose, Scorpius, Albus, Holly, Lily, and Hugo each stood in shock, gaping at Neville and Luna. Their night was eventful enough, so it was relieving to see familiar faces. Did they know what happened? It wouldn't be a surprise if they did; word got around fast in the wizard world. Surely the situation was being resolved as they spoke.

Worry flooded Rose's mind. Were her parents okay? Was Uncle Harry, Aunt Ginny, James, and the rest of her family okay? What if the Death Eaters were making their way through the wizard world, killing Muggle-borns and Pureblood "traitors"? These thoughts made Rose's stomach twist in knots.

Neville and Luna told them that they were taking them to Malfoy Manor first. Why there? Did they have any knowledge of what was happening? After all, Draco Malfoy and his family knew more about Lucius and the Death Eaters than anybody. Maybe with them, they could help with defeating the murderous clan once and for all.

"Why are we going to Malfoy Manor? Won't the Death Eaters eventually go there if they haven't already?" Scorpius asked. He had a point.

Luna shook her head. "No, Malfoy Manor is very safe. You of all people should know that your parents have the place magically secured for occasions like this. Not even Lucius is able to get inside the property anymore."

Scorpius looked surprised, as if he'd been told he had the ability to fly and he didn't know it. He chuckled and said, "Hm, good to know."

Rose giggled at Scorpius's discovery of this new information. Then she asked Neville and Luna, "How long will we stay at Malfoy Manor?"

Neville looked at Luna, then replied, "We're not sure how long we'll stay there, but we have to be sure to keep you hidden in a more secure place. The Death Eaters' biggest targets at the moment are you guys."

Well, at least he said it to us straight forward and not didn't try to sugarcoat it, thought Rose.

"Wait," Albus said. "Is everyone at the Burrow okay? Do you know anything yet?"

Luna smiled sadly. "Sorry, Albus, we're as lost as you guys are, at this point. But they do have the best Aurors at the scene investigating. Dean and Seamus promised they'd inform us on what they find out."

This didn't make Rose feel any better. She just hoped they'd find out soon. Suddenly she felt fingers brush her hand, then they intertwined with her fingers. Scorpius gave her a loving look that was meant to say, "Relax, everything will be okay." She loved how Scorpius always could sense when she needed to be comforted.

Neville glanced around nervously, as if they could get attacked at any moment, then said, "We probably need to leave right now. It's not safe to be here too long." Then he grabbed his wife and Holly's hands. "Okay, we're going to Apparate out of here. Those of you who haven't done it before might feel a little weird afterwards, so you just need to relax and it'll be over in a second. Everyone grab a hand."

Albus took Holly's hand, Lily took Albus's hand, Rose took Lily's hand, Scorpius took Rose's other hand, and Hugo took Scorpius's hand. They braced themselves for the weird sensation of Apparation. Lily and Hugo unfortunately had never Apparated before, so they wouldn't know what to expect. Then, just like that, they disappeared in a blink of an eye, then felt the claustrophobic feeling like they were moving through a tight pipe. Rose closed her eyes and tried not to think about it to much.

A second later, Rose once again felt her feet hit ground, stumbling a bit. Instead of the grassy field, they were now standing in the gravel driveway of Malfoy Manor. The huge manor loomed over them, and Rose was amazed that Scorpius actually lived in this place. He practically lived in a castle.