Chapter 10: Hiding

Scorpius was still in shock. A million questions were going through his mind. Why did his evil grandfather have to come here and ruin everything? How did he even find them? What did he really want that led him to go to such extremes?

He tried shaking the unanswered questions out of his brain the best he could, and kept running. The tall grass and cold wind stung his face as he ran through them. The darkness of the night blinded him as he ran. Slushy snow that piled almost as high as a foot on the ground managed to get inside his shoes, freezing his feet. But Scorpius had to keep running. It seemed the only thing that kept his legs moving was the girl who he was desperately in love with, and that made Scorpius grip Rose's hand tighter.

Neither of them knew if the Death Eaters were still close behind. It didn't seem they were all that desperate to catch them, or they would've easily Apparated directly to them and caught them. Thank Merlin they didn't. Then a thought occurred to Scorpius. Where were they even going?

Suddenly, Rose pulled out her wand and shouted, "Aresto Momentum!"
(A/N: Just FYI, this is the spell to slow down falling/moving objects. I think I used it right haha XD)

Immediately, he felt his running body slowing down to a stop. The others, with very confused expressions on their faces, came to a slow halt as well. After a few seconds, everyone was stationary and panting from exhaustion. Thank goodness Rose allowed them to stop. Scorpius didn't know how much more his lungs and legs could take.

"I think they stopped chasing us," Rose said, gasping for breath. Even in the dark, Scorpius could see her face was beet red and her forehead was slightly sweaty. He found this...attractive.

Scorpius had to restrict his own hand from smacking himself. Now was not the time for my 15 year old boy hormones, he thought.

With that thought aside, he used his wand to dry off a patch of wet grass, then pulled Rose down so she could sit beside him. Albus and Holly did the same and sat in front of the couple. Each of them shared the same worried expression.

"Where are we going to go?" Rose asked the group, which was the main thing Scorpius was worrying about also.

Neither of them spoke for a few seconds. The Albus replied, "I don't know," He glanced around them at all the young Weasley and Potter family members. "But I don't think it's safe to be on the run as a group of twelve."

Rose winced at the idea. "I suppose you're right, Albus. But before we split up, where would we all go? How would we know of each of us were safe? What about our parents..."

Tears started welling up in her eyes as she spoke of her parents. Scorpius gently held her hand and stroked it lovingly. Then something occurred to Scorpius. Were his parents aware of what was happening? Did they know Lucius escaped Azkaban?

"I don't know where we're all gonna go, but we need to decide fast. The longer we stay here, the faster they'll track us down," Scorpius said. Albus, Rose, and Holly nodded in unison, agreeing with him.

"Hey, can I talk to you guys for a moment?" The soft voice startled the group of four, but then they realized it belonged to Dominique. She was the oldest out of everyone there, in her sixth year at Hogwarts. Scorpius didn't know her well, which made the accidental eye contact awkward, but from what he's seen so far, she always looked happy and beautiful, considering she was one-eighth Veela. But right now, she looked extremely anxious and guilty.

Rose stood up, along with the rest of us, and asked her cousin, "Is everything alright?" She was still gripping Scorpius's hand tightly like he would drift away from her.

Dominique stared at her feet. "We overheard you guys talking about splitting up," she inhaled sharply, "And I think we should do that."

We all stared at her. For such a perfect-looking person, (hey, she's one-eighth Veela! I'm a guy and I can't help but compliment her, Scorpius argued in his mind) she looked very unsure of herself.