Chapter 14: Holly's Secret Is Out

*Outside of Malfoy Manor*

"We know they're here. Why aren't we attacking?" A Death Eater asked, clearly impatient.

"Because," Lucius said as calmly as he could without getting angry. "My arrogant son and the Longbottom couple are in there protecting the Potter and Weasley brats. We have to make our move when they're most vulnerable; when they're all asleep. That means some of us will be Apparating inside the manor, while the rest will wait until my signal to arrive also. And I'll tell you how we will do this."

And he discussed the brilliant plan to his fellow Death Eaters, who were amazed at their leader's every word.

The Death Eaters had been staking out the Manor for the past 4 hours, and they were quite exhausted. It was now nearly 5 in the morning and they were plotting their plan to attack Malfoy Manor. The goal was to kidnap the Potter and Weasley children so they can be kept hostage along with their parents. If they have the two most beloved families in the wizard world, then the Ministry will have to do anything they say. Lucius Malfoy was going to take over the Ministry of Magic.

It was just a matter of time before he did so.

* *

Albus stared at Holly for Merlin knows how long. He was at a loss for words. He was also bad at handling crying girls. Holly was sobbing in his arms, and Albus had no idea how to handle the situation. Well, what was he supposed to say?

His girlfriend just told him that she had cancer.

Then Holly pulled away and stood up, starting to pace the room. Albus decided to take this opportunity to try and talk it out with her.

"Holly, why haven't you told me? And Rose and Scorpius? We're your best friends," Albus walked over to Holly and grabbed her hand, looking into her eyes, trying to comfort her.

Holly sniffled, staring at her feet. "I know that, Albus. But I didn't want you guys to always be worrying about me. I already give my parents enough stress."

"Well of course we're going to worry about you, Holls." Albus tilted Holly's chin up so she was looking at him. "We care about you. I care about you more than anything."

Holly smiled, the tears in her eyes glistening as she grinned. "Thank you, Albus. I feel the same way."

Albus took a closer look at Holly. He noticed that she was way paler than usual, which would be hard for anyone to tell. Her petite body was even smaller than Albus remembered, and even her cheeks were sunken in. Sure, when the two kissed, Albus would hold her waist and not think any wrong with her being so tiny. But everything was different now that Albus knew her secret.

"How long have you had it?" Albus asked, slowly, expecting Holly to get upset again.

Holly took a deep breath, still not looking into Albus's eyes. "I've had leukemia on and off again since I was 5 years old. I was cancer free for 4 years until I went back to St. Mungos two weeks ago. They said my leukemia is back."

"Oh Holly..." Albus didn't know what to say. It's not like he could say everything would be okay. That never helps in any situation.

"Wait, I know Muggles with cancer treat it with something called 'chemotherapy.' Since we're wizards, can't the doctors just cure you?" Albus asked. He felt stupid for asking.

Holly smiled sadly. "I wish it worked that way, Albus. But even wizard doctors can't make something as serious as cancer go away just like that. I've been taking meds to keep it under control so they won't have to try the Muggle way of treating it. The leukemia just won't go away."

Albus gulped. "So, what's going to happen to you, Holly? You have to get better!"

"You don't think I'm trying, Albus!" Holly yelled. She never raised her voice like that.

"I know you're trying! But you can't just live with it! I mean, it's the reason we never met when we were younger, wasn't it? Your parents kept you away from everyone because you were too sick! I don't want that to happen to you now, Holly!" Albus yelled, frustrated and crying.

Holly screamed in frustration. "Albus Severus Potter, stop telling me things I already know! I know I'm dying, okay? The doctors said I probably wouldn't make it to the end of the school year!"

The two stared at each other. Albus let her last two sentences sink in.

I know I'm dying, okay?

The doctors said I probably wouldn't make it to the end of the school year!

This was real. Holly was dying. And no one could stop it.

Teardrops rolled down Holly's cheeks, and she said calmly, yet bitterly, "I'd rather not talk about this right now."

Then she opened the door and walked out, slamming the door shut, leaving Albus sitting on the bed with his head in his hands, crying his eyes out. Then there was a small knock on the door. Why did she come back?

Albus quickly walked to the door and pulled it open, saying "Holly, I'm so-"

But it wasn't Holly. Rose and Scorpius stood at the door, both sharing the same shocked and sad expression that Albus had. Rose was in tears, while Scorpius was fighting tears. Albus knew then that the two of them were standing outside the door, listening to every bit of his and Holly's conversation. They all knew her secret now.

"You heard?" Albus's voice broke from the emotions choking him.

Rose and Scorpius nodded. Then Rose muttered, "I can't believe she didn't tell us."

Albus opened the door wider, allowing his two friends to come inside the room. When he shut the door, Rose and Scorpius pulled Albus into a hug. He gladly accepted this.

"What am I gonna do, guys? I can't live without her," Albus sobbed into Rose and Scorpius's arms.

"I don't have an answer to that, Al," Scorpius pulled away and looked at him and Rose in the eye. "But I know we need to make Holly's last few months count. She needs us."

She needs us. And that was all they could give to her.

~ ~

Sorry it's shorter this time, I've had major writers block 😁 But omg I cried while writing this 😰 I'm such an evil author lol.

Anyways, thanks for reading! PLEASE vote and comment!