Chapter 46: A Visit From Ravenclaw

Rose had just been outside with baby Ariana and Scorpius, picking flowers and enjoying the lovely August day, when they heard a commotion inside the Burrow. Knowing something was wrong, Rose ran inside to the kitchen to a room full of concerned people.

"He's in my head," Albus said frantically. "He's in my head!"

"Who's in your head, Albus?" Aunt Ginny asked her son, trying to console with him.

"Bloody Godric Gryffindor!" Albus exclaimed, clutching his head with his hands.

"Albus, please calm down..." Holly said softly, tears of worry prickling in her eyes. Rose couldn't blame her; it appeared as if Albus had finally lost it.

"I can't calm down when I'm hearing a damn voice in my head, Holly!" Albus yelled, beginning to pull at his hair.

"There's no need to shout, Albus," Neville told him warningly, putting a protective arm around his daughter.

Albus laughed halfheartedly. "You all think I'm crazy, don't you?"

Rose was beginning to think so, but she didn't dare say her opinion aloud.

"You're not crazy, Al," Uncle Harry reassured him. "I just think you're exhausted and probably only imagined the voice..."

"Dad, you of all people should understand voices in your head," Albus snapped. Uncle Harry's face paled, the result of his son striking a sensitive nerve in him. No one spoke of that part of Harry's past.

"That is enough, Albus," Aunt Ginny warned. The room had gotten uncomfortably silent. "Go upstairs to your room."

Albus turned and stared at his mother, disbelief and sadness evident on his face. Rose thought of the possibility that maybe the voice in Albus's head really was Godric Gryffindor. Albus is the reincarnation of him, after all. It made sense.

As soon as Albus reached the doorway to leave, Scorpius blurted out, "I hear a voice too, Albus. You're not crazy."

Everyone turned and looked at Scorpius curiously. Was he serious?

"Scor, what do you mean?" Draco questioned his son.

Scorpius nodded meekly. "A few weeks ago, a voice started to speak to me in my mind. He doesn't say much that often, but I can feel he's there."

"Who are you talking about?" Rose asked him, then realizing who he was referring to before he even replied.

"Salazar Slytherin."

Rose sucked in a breath, her mouth forming a shocked "o." So if Scorpius and Albus have heard voices in their heads, those particular voices being Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin, what if Rose and Holly start hearing a voice too? Rose thought hard, trying to sense if any presence was in her mind. Thank goodness it was just her own thoughts.

"So my son is hearing a strange man in his head?" Aunt Ginny asked no one in particular. "Great."

"I think they're in our heads to give us advice," Scorpius stated, looking at Albus. "What has Godric said to you?"

Rose watched as Albus thought for a moment. She hated feeling left out of the conversation.

"I remember he said that he was a friend, not an enemy," Albus replied, tapping his finger against his chin thoughtfully. "And he told me that Helga Hufflepuff's reincarnation will soon hear a voice in her head too."

Holly's eyes widened. "Soon I will hear Helga Hufflepuff in my head? That sounds terrifying!"

"It won't be as bad as you think," Scorpius assured her. Rose didn't know how he could be so calm about this. "They're simply there to guide you. At least that's what Salazar told me."

"So, like a conscience?" Rose suggested, hating the idea of someone else in her head telling her what to do.

Ah, I see why you're my reincarnation. You are quite wise.

Rose shrieked, jumping back and looking around the room frantically. Then she realized that the voice wasn't from anyone around her.

"Rosie?" her father questioned, his blue eyes studying her with concern. "What's wrong?"

"You heard her, didn't you?" Scorpius asked her softly.

Rose gulped and nodded, now feeling another presence present her mind. And she did not like it one bit. Hating being to center of attention, she stormed out of the Burrow, heading to the garden to think.

I understand your concern with this arrangement, said the voice, or Rowena Ravenclaw, in Rose's mind. Rowena's voice was soft and comforting, and was the epitome of wisdom. But fear not; I am only here to guide you.

Just because you're here to guide me doesn't mean I'm going to listen to you, Rose thought to Rowena stubbornly.

Rowena laughed softly. You remind me of my daughter, Helena.

Rose pictured herself rolling her eyes, sending the message to Rowena. The message must have been received, since Rowena sighed and muttered, I see this will be harder than I thought.

It was Rose's turn to sigh now. Look, Rowena, I respect you and all. In fact, you're one of my heroes. But I just feel uncomfortable having you invading my personal thoughts.

Rowena didn't say anything for a moment, and Rose thought she might have gotten angry and left or something. Then the wise Ravenclaw woman spoke gently, Rose, you and I think alike. Great minds who think alike are destined for great things. At first when Godric, Helga, Salazar and I created the prophecy, I wasn't on board with the idea. Then you were born, and you started going to Hogwarts and proving yourself to be a great student and person. I've been watching you, and you've proven to me that you are capable of doing wonderful things. I believe in you.

Rose didn't know what to say, or think, in this case. It wasn't every day that Rowena Ravenclaw, of all people, said she believed in her. Then Rose thought about what Rowena said, how apparently she was capable of doing wonderful things.

What wonderful things am I capable of doing? Rose asked Rowena curiously.

Why, you and your friends are destined to save Hogwarts, of course, replied Rowena, like it was no big deal.

Excuse me?!

~ ~ ~

Well, THAT happened...

I feel like this story is going by waaaay too slowly. Do you guys like the pace of it?

Thanks for reading this chapter! And please vote, comment what you thought, and share! Love ya!