Chapter 7: A Weasley Christmas (Part 1)

Rose's eyes fluttered open and she immediately smelled Christmas breakfast cooking downstairs. Before she could bolt out the door towards the kitchen, she took in the scene of the room. Somehow, her, Roxanne, Dominique, and Molly managed to follow asleep all on one bed while watching the Muggle film last night. It was a miracle that the girls all fit on the bed. Rose chuckled when she noticed her cousin Dominique's body was dangling halfway off the side. Roxanne was curled in a fetal position, while Molly was sprawled out like the entire bed was hers.

Of course Rose slept at the end of the bed, which explained her stiff neck.

Then Rose glanced at the floor, and started giggling. Albus and Holly, who had shared quite the kiss last night, were both cuddled against each other on the floor. Holly's head was buried in Albus's chest, while Albus had his arms wrapped protectively around her waist. Rose admired how cute her best friends were together. It really was about time they became a couple.

She couldn't help but be selfish and think about her own romance problem; her and Scorpius. Honestly, the two of them were inseparable. (except now, which was killing Rose) Albus assured her that Scorpius returned the feelings back for her, but she wanted to hear it from Scorpius himself. Rose was tired of pretending there was nothing going on between them, even when they'd often get lost in each other's eyes and share extra long hugs. She prayed something like what happened with Albus and Holly last night would happen to her and Scorpius, on Christmas night. How romantic!

The three girls on Rose's bed each stirred, and giggled when they realized they'd all crashed on one bed. Rose's shushed the girls, and gestured towards the sleeping couple on the floor. The girls peered over the side of the bed, then started silently squealing at the sight.

"How cute!" Roxanne whispered-yelled.

"Are they going out?" Molly asked Rose.

"Well...sorta. They kissed last night while you guys were sleeping so I guess that settles it." Rose replied, smirking at the girls shocked reactions when she told them Albus and Holly kissed. Then Rose magicked up a brush to tame her wild hair as her cousins gossiped amongst themselves.

While the girls chattered, getting louder by the second, they didn't notice the couple on the floor stir and wake up. Rose smirked as Albus and Holly realized they were laying close to each other, and that they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Albus noticed Rose was watching them and immediately blushed pink. "Uh, you saw that, didn't you?"

"Yup." Rose replied, popping the "p" at the end. "Quite adorable, it was."

It was Holly's turn to blush now, and say, "I still can't believe you saw us kiss last night, Rose!"

Rose threw up her hands in protest. "Hey, I can't help it you were in the middle of my bedroom making out! You weren't exactly invisible!"

Albus and Holly each glared at her. What are they so mad about, Rose thought. It was just a kiss. It's not like anybody didn't expect it to happen sooner or later.

"Let's go down to breakfast! It smells delicious!" Albus announced, changing the subject. Nobody in the room protested as they headed down towards the kitchen. The breakfast food did smell amazing.

When they arrived downstairs, most of the family were already down there stacking their plates with Grandma Weasley's famous homemade breakfast foods. James had a stack of seven huge waffles on his plate with five pieces of bacon laying on top of the pile. He also managed to squeeze sausage and eggs on the plate as well.

"Goodness, James!" Grandma Weasley said, looking at her grandson's plate. "I believe you have more food on your plate than your Uncle Ron!"

"Mum!" Rose's father replied, his mouth stuffed with food. Her mother was glaring at him for talking with his mouth full. Yup, that's my family alright, Rose thought.