Chapter 42: Telling Albus

Albus was released from the hospital wing about an hour before dinnertime, and decided to head to the Gryffindor common room to catch up on some make-up work. He was thrilled to be out of the dull hospital wing where he was constantly being bothered about how he was feeling.

When he arrived at the portrait hole to the common room, said the password to the Fat Lady, and stepped inside, he made his way towards the sofas by the fireplace, where he found Scorpius, Holly, and Rose already sitting there, appearing to be waiting for him. The three of them looked uneasy for some reason.

"What, no proper greeting? I've been in the bloody hospital wing for almost two days, you know," Albus joked, trying to lighten to mood. None of his friends cracked a smile.

"We need to talk to you about something," Scorpius said, his voice wavering. He kept shifting in his seat.

"Um, alright..." Albus was afraid of what they might say. He really didn't want any bad news. "What's wrong?"

Rose cleared her throat, her eyes set on her feet. "Something happened to me while we were in Transfiguration today. I sort of...turned into an eagle."

Albus's eyes widened. "You what?"

"I turned into an eagle," Rose repeated, blushing slightly in embarrassment. "Somehow, I managed to master an Animagus transformation and successfully transform into an eagle. After I fainted when I changed back into a human, I woke up in McGonagall's office and overheard her conversation with Scorpius and Holly. It involves the four of us, and...I don't know how you're going to take this."

Albus sat down on the arm of the sofa, waiting eagerly for her to continue. It was Holly who took the lead of the explanation.

"McGonagall told us that there's this prophecy. It was created by the four founders of Hogwarts, and stated that in a thousand years- I think that's what she said- reincarnations of the four founders will rise and protect Hogwarts. McGonagall believes that the prophecy is happening now."

"And we're the four lucky mates who happen to be the reincarnations of Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin," Scorpius said, pointing at each person in the group as he counted off the four founders.

Albus didn't know what to say. So apparently, Scorpius was the reincarnation of Salazar Slytherin, Rose was Rowena Ravenclaw, Holly was Helga Hufflepuff, and he was Godric Gryffindor. Godric bloody Gryffindor!

Why Albus Potter of all people? What did the universe have against the four of them? This really seemed too surreal to believe. Then Albus remembered the strange things that have been happening to them, and how he had levitated everything in his bedroom by accident. Holly had mistakenly set the Hogwarts kitchens and outside of Hufflepuff common room on fire, and now Albus just heard that Rose turned into an eagle earlier today.

Being reincarnations of the four founders explains it all.

"Say something, mate," Scorpius said, interrupting Albus in his thoughts. He hadn't realized he'd been silent this long.

"I...I don't...why? Why us?" Albus managed to say.

"We're not exactly sure," Rose replied. "But apparently we're ideal reincarnations of them. Our personalities and values reflect nearly the same as the four founders."

Albus found it hard to believe that he was similar to Godric Gryffindor. As for the others, he could see how that fit them. Rose was wise and creative like a Ravenclaw, Holly was loyal and kind like a Hufflepuff, and Scorpius was determined, clever, and sometimes a little cunning like a Slytherin. But Albus, the ideal reincarnation of the ultimate Gryffindor himself? He wondered if the others thought differently.

"McGonagall said we're also in danger because of our powers," Holly added nervously.

Of course they were in danger. Again.

"So, what do we do?" Albus asked.

His three friends shrugged. This concerned Albus.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm terrified," Rose said softly. Immediately after she said this, the fire in the fireplace went out, making the room slightly darker. The four friends looked at one another curiously.

"Which one of us did that?" Scorpius questioned, sounding afraid.

No one replied. Everyone froze, not daring the move a muscle. The four of them possibly had the ability to bring the entire Gryffindor Tower down.

"I-I had a dream while I was unconscious," Rose whispered, trying her best not to move. "Professor Snape was there. He told me a bit about our powers and what triggers them, such as strong emotion. Well, we're all scared and confused right now..."

Albus understood what she was talking about. Any one of them could unexpectedly use their powers and not even mean to, depending of the intensity of each of their emotions. Somehow, the four of them would have to learn to control their emotions so their magic wouldn't get out of hand.

Finally, the fire in the fireplace came back to life, allowing everyone to breathe out a tremendous sigh of relief. Albus didn't even realize he'd been holding his breath.

After waiting a moment, just in case something else might happen, Albus asked Rose, "What else did Snape say to you in the dream?"

Rose's eyes went upwards in thought, then she gasped in realization and said, "He did say that the comas we were put in by Lucius Malfoy's killing curse are the cause of our powers- well, part of the cause other than the prophecy. And he said that we will grow stronger everyday."

Albus wondered just how powerful they might get, and the thought made him shudder.

"Lucius did this to us? Of course," Scorpius grumbled, muttering insults to the elder Malfoy man under his breath. Albus knew his best friend despised his grandfather, now probably even more.

"But seriously, what are we going to do?" Holly questioned, daring the bring up the previous conversation. Albus flinched, expecting something to burst into flames.

Scorpius shrugged. "Stay low on the radar? Try not to blow up the castle?"

Rose rolled her eyes. "And what if we can't do this? We're expected to grow stronger, and we have absolutely no idea how to control our powers."

She had a point. What were they going to do to stop themselves from causing destruction?

"We could train ourselves," Albus suggested, knowing how crazy the idea probably sounded out loud.

His friends stared at him. Then Holly asked, "But how do we do that, Albus? We're just kids."

"That's why we're here," said a voice from behind them. They turned around and looked at the four people standing inside the entrance to the portrait hole.

"Mum? Dad?" Rose said, surprise clear in her voice.

Albus stared in awe at the figures in the doorway, which so happened to be his parents, Uncle Ron, and Aunt Hermione.

~ ~ ~

OMG crap is about to get real! Hope you're enjoying the plot unfold ;)

Please vote and comment what you thought, and possibly share if you can! Thanks for reading!