Chapter 74: The Betrayal Of Slytherin

"Death Eaters," Albus announced, making Rose's heart plummet in her chest. "They're in the castle."

That news was bad enough, until a cold voice replied, "You're correct about that."

Rose knew that voice anywhere. Instantly, flashbacks of the frightening nightmare involving the terrifying leader of the Death Eaters invaded her mind. She remembered the dream vividly, down to the meticulous details such as Lucius Malfoy's murderous expression as he used the torture curse on his own grandson. Even though it'd been weeks since Rose had had the nightmare, it still continued to haunt her dreams and thoughts. She dreaded that the memory would most likely stay branded in her mind for the rest of her life.

And now that the monster from that disturbing dream was standing before Rose and her friends, she couldn't help but wonder if her nightmare was about to come true.

Lucius suddenly chuckled loudly, making Rose jump. "Why the surprised faces? You were expecting our arrival sooner or later, weren't you?"

He gestured to the Death Eaters to his left and right, then looked all around him and frowned. He cursed under his breath, muttering, "Where is that foolish girl?" Then he turned around and faced the door, shouting, "Zabini! Get in here!"

Immediately, a figure dressed in a long black cloak with the hood pulled over their head stepped hesitantly into the room, their posture shrunken in fear as they made their way towards Lucius. He sneered at the mysterious person.

"Don't be shy, now," Lucius reprimanded. "I want our four friends here to see my little spy who has been helping me greatly for the past year!"

He then grabbed the top of the person's hood and tore it off, revealing their identity. Rose and her friends let out gasps.

It was Natalia Zabini.

"Natalia?" Rose asked in disbelief, her mouth gaping. "H-How could you?"

"That's none of your business, Weasley," Natalia sneered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Wait," Albus said suddenly, his eyes widening at Natalia. "It was you."

"What are you on about, Potter?" Natalia snapped.

"I recognize your voice," Albus told her. "That night while I was patrolling the first floor. You bumped into me wearing that very same cloak. You were meeting up with him, weren't you?" He gestured to Lucius.

Natalia didn't reply, but continued to glare at him. Rose was still in disbelief that she would betray Hogwarts like that, working for Lucius Malfoy.

"That's enough chit-chat," Lucius said, stepping further into the room, his Death Eaters and Natalia following closely behind. His eyes landed on the basilisk laying on the floor for a second, though its presence didn't astonish him in any way. It was almost as if he expected the basilisk to be there.

Rose recognized one of the Death Eaters as the werewolf, Fenrir Greyback, who met her gaze and licked his lips at her hungrily. In response, Scorpius sidestepped protectively in front of her.

Lucius seemed to notice his grandson's gesture, shaking his head in disapprovement. "Still with the Weasley girl, I see."

Scorpius glared at him. "What are you doing here, Lucius?"

"I would appreciate it if you would address me as your grandfather."

"And I would appreciate it if you and your Death Eaters would get the hell out of this castle," Scorpius snapped back bitterly. Rose almost shuddered hearing the amount of venom in his voice. "Now tell me why you have intruded Hogwarts."