Chapter 22: Scorpius Sees The Light

So I want to dedicate this chapter to a few of my readers who've been commenting and voting for each of my chapters. I appreciate you guys reading this story so much. You have no idea how much it means to me to see you guys comment that you loved a certain chapter and that you want to read more. So, I want to recognize my most supportive readers :)

Tiana1657

reynico_shipper

@livvy_lou

@thebookss

@candyg123

mariaoldham31

@watermelonboat

Ninja1825

If I forgot anyone I'm terribly sorry! I love you all though! <3

Okay, on to the story!

* *

"Mr. Malfoy, it's time for your supper and meds," a nurse said, peeping her head into the dark hospital room containing a sad, pale-faced, blonde haired and gray eyed teenage boy. The nurses were always cautious when entering his room; he'd scream at them and end up having a panic attack if they, "sneaked up on him," as he claimed they did. Of course this wasn't healthy for the boy. Ever since his four months of being in a coma, which was short compared to some patients, Scorpius Malfoy hadn't been the same.

Scorpius crawled off his bed, ever so slowly, and carefully stood up on his stiff legs. He wobbled over to a nearby table and tapped his finger on a lamp, which sort of substituted the spell, "Lumos", and magically made it come to life and illuminate soft light in the room. Then he gestured for the nurse to come in, who was standing patiently in the doorway with a large tray of food and bottles of potions and pills. Scorpius's stomach growled, making him remember he hadn't eaten real food in 2 weeks. He'd been taking a hunger satisfying potion to make sure he didn't starve, since he absolutely refused to eat anything.

Taking a step towards the nurse to take the tray, Scorpius noticed the nurse take a step back. He rolled his eyes. Just because he may have thrown a few chairs at some of the doctors and nurses, threatened to stab a nurse with a needle if she touched him, and a dozen other times where he yelled and cursed at the staff, most of everyone at St. Mungos was cautious of Scorpius. Coming out of the coma really changed Scorpius. And he had a list of problems that landed him where he was now; the St. Mungos psychiatric unit.

First of all, Scorpius was very bipolar. Without taking his calming potion everyday, he could sometimes turn violent. Scorpius didn't know why, but he was just always angry. He didn't mean to yell at the innocent people who were only trying to help him get better. It just happened. The guilt led to his depression, another big problem. Because of it, Scorpius was not allowed to have his wand, while the staff feared he'd hurt himself.

Scorpius found this completely unnecessary.

Oh, the list wasn't finished yet. Scorpius also suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder from the coma and the events leading up to the coma. Along with that, he also had an anxiety disorder. This was thought to be caused by the fact that Scorpius's parents have been missing since the incident that put him in the coma. The ministry has been looking for his parents, Holly's parents, and the mastermind of the chaos, Lucius Malfoy, along with two dozen Death Eaters for nearly a year without any leads.

Life was especially hard for Scorpius. What made it worse was him being told months ago that his best friends and girlfriend hadn't waken up from their comas and that they probably weren't going to make it. That made his life spiral downhill even more than it had already. Rarely did he get good news, but the only time he did was three months ago when he was told Albus was awake. Scorpius demanded to go see his best friend, but of course back then, he was very unstable emotionally.

Those damn doctors made Scorpius seem like he'd gone insane. But were they right?

"Mr. Malfoy?" The nurse broke Scorpius out of his thoughts, waving her hand in front of his face. "I've been calling your name for three minutes. Are you okay? Do you need Dr. Stout?"

Merlin no, he did NOT need that prat Dr. Stout.

"No," Scorpius muttered. "I'd like to be left alone now, please."

The nurse smiled sadly. "I'm afraid you need your meds, Mr. Malfoy. And I need to watch you and make sure you eat your supper. It was Dr. Stout's orders."

Scorpius swore under his breath. The nurse raised her eyebrows at him, indicating that she heard his choice of elaborate vocabulary. Then Scorpius replied through gritted teeth, "Please, I want you to leave."

The nurse shook her head defiantly, then walked over to the wall and rubbed her hand against the wall to find the light switch. "Mr. Malfoy, please don't argue with me. Now, let me just turn this light on and give you your meds..."

Scorpius eyes widened. "No, don't turn on the ligh-AGH!"

The lights in the room momentarily blinded Scorpius, and he instantly felt a migraine coming on. Scorpius never turned the light on, since they always gave him severe migraines that made him get sick and have panic attacks. This was probably because he never exposed himself to light, but Scorpius preferred the dark. Now, his solitude of darkness was disturbed by a naive nurse who knew no better.

Scorpius grabbed his head and collapsed on his knees, his eyes squeezed shut and his teeth clenched to keep from crying out. He could already feel the heat of panic rise in his chest, making his heart throb. Suddenly he couldn't breathe. What was happening to him? Was his body finally breaking?

"AHH!" Scorpius screamed through his teeth. "You naive bimbo, TURN THE DAMN LIGHT OFF! I'M BLOODY SENSITIVE TO LIGHT, DAMN IT!" He continued yelling curse words.

The nurse was frozen in place, staring at Scorpius like he'd lost his mind. Then she flung the door open and yelled into the hall, "I need doctors in here, stat!"

Seconds later two male doctors and a female nurse ran inside the room and observed the state Scorpius was in. He was now in a fetal position on the floor, screaming in pain. Then he felt two pairs of strong arms grip his arms, pulling him up. Scorpius instinctively swung his fists around, trying to get free of the doctors. It was no use.

"Sedate him! Sedate him, nurse!" One of the doctors ordered, his grip slipping on Scorpius's squirming arm.

Scorpius was about to protest when he felt a sharp prick on his arm. Instantly, he felt a cool sensation of calm throughout him. His eyes drooped, and then he collapsed into the doctors arms. He felt himself being lifted and put on his bed, then he was strapped to it by his torso and legs. Scorpius was too tranquil to do anything about it.

Sweet thoughts flooded his brain, replacing all the negative ones. Images of him and his friends at Hogwarts flashed in his mind, which he gladly saw like a home video. He saw images of him and Rose sharing their first kiss, him and Albus struggling to stay awake in Professor Binns's class, him beating Albus at wizard chess for the first time, Holly wearing her mother's old Gryffindor lion hat at his first Quidditch game during his second year, and then he saw the most wonderful memory of all. He saw his eleven year old self stepping onto the Hogwarts Express, walking by compartment after compartment until he finally found the one Albus, Rose, and James were in. Then he saw him being Sorted into Gryffindor house.

Scorpius swore he was smiling outside his body when he saw him and Rose make eye contact with each other for the first time, which started it all for them.

These cherished memories continued to play in his mind, and Scorpius was glad that he was sedated with whatever miracle they gave him. What he saw made him want to reunite with his friends even more than ever.

~ ~

Vote and comment! Thanks for reading! :)