Chapter 58: The Butterbeer Malfunction

To Rose's annoyance, she was forcibly shaken awake early on Saturday morning.

"Rose, get up," said Holly, still shaking Rose's half-asleep form.

Rose groaned. "It's Saturday, Holly. Leave me be."

Suddenly Holly ripped the covers off of Rose, causing her to shriek at the cold. And because she didn't have any pajama pants on.

"Rose, it's nearly noon," Holly said sternly. "Get up. We're going to Hogsmeade with Albus today."

Rose still didn't budge. She turned her body away from Holly in defiance, hoping her best friend would leave her alone. Weekends were the only time Rose could get any proper sleep anymore.

Then Rose heard Holly sigh, and she thought for a moment that she was about to give up and leave the room. Instead, Holly said, "Alright, you leave me no choice..."

"Don't you dare tickle me," Rose advised, bracing herself. But what came was much crueler.

Her bed suddenly grew very cold. Ice cold. Gasping from the freezing sensation touching all over her body, Rose leaped off her bed, falling on the floor. The whole right side of her body was soaking wet with freezing water. What the heck did Holly do?

Looking back at her bed, Rose saw that it was covered in a blanket of snow.

"HOLLY!" Rose bellowed angrily, shivering. "Not cool!"

"It looks pretty cool to me," Holly joked, smiling innocently.

Rose rolled her eyes. "What do you want from me, Holly?"

"I want you to get dressed. We're going to Hogsmeade today," Holly replied, tossing Rose a hat and scarf. "You'll need these too. It's chilly."

"No way. You know Saturdays are my sleeping days. So if you don't mind," said Rose, making her way over to Holly's bed. "I'd like to go back to bed now."

Just as she was about to sit down, Holly waved her hand and her bed was instantly covered in snow, just like Rose's bed. I should've seen that coming.

"I'm not going to let you spend all of your free time sleeping anymore," Holly explained, with her hands on her hips. "It's not healthy."

Rose shrugged, standing awkwardly while playing with the ends of her newly short hair. She regretted cutting it. "Can't help it. I'm always tired."

Holly then walked over to Rose and pulled her into a hug. It was a light hug, like Holly was afraid embracing too hard would shatter her. Rose stood stiffly, feeling uncomfortable at the contact.

"Rose, I'm trying to help you. Please let me help you," Holly whispered.

The sadness and desperateness in Holly's voice made Rose's heart throb. She had no idea she was worrying her best friend this much. "I don't need your help, Holly. I'll get over this on my own."

"Sleeping the majority of each day and barely talking to anyone anymore aren't signs of getting over it," Holly said pointedly.

Rose knew her best friend was right. She was a mess, and it was obvious to everyone. Sighing, Rose let the tears that she'd been holding in fall down her cheeks. She was tired of being miserable.

"Let me get dressed," Rose muttered, giving in to Holly's original request.

"Hmm?"

"Let me get dressed," she repeated.

Holly pulled away from their long embrace and beamed at Rose, clearly surprised. "You're actually agreeing to go somewhere? That's wonderful!"

Rose couldn't help but laugh at Holly's excitement. It felt good to laugh. "Oh just shut up and let me fix myself. I know I look horrid."