Chapter 75: Albus's Plan

Although Albus couldn't understand what Scorpius -or Salazar- had just commanded the basilisk to do in Parseltongue, he knew it wasn't good. The deadly serpent hissed obediently and used its massive tail to propel itself up the wall all the way up to the ceiling, which showed just how long the monster was, where it proceeded to use its powerful jaws to break open a large pipe. It slid into the opening and eventually disappeared into the network of the intricate Hogwarts plumbing system. Scorpius's face twisted into an impish grin at his work in progress.

This is not good, Godric said warily.

What's happening? Albus asked, attempting to prop himself up on his elbows from his prone position on the floor. He was still sluggish and dazed from being thrown forcefully into the wall, as well as from being mind-controlled by Godric Gryffindor.

Salazar has just unleashed the basilisk unto the school, Godric explained. Now, it will stop at nothing to kill every last Muggleborn it comes across. And it is all because of that traitor! I cannot believe, after all the four of us Founders have worked towards, that he would choose to do this now. I knew we could not trust him!

Godric continued to ramble on about how much he despised Salazar at the moment , which Albus chose to ignore. A painful lump formed in his throat. That basilisk was on a Muggleborn killing spree right now, and he had no idea what to do about it. And he had a terrible feeling the remaining three Founders didn't know how to handle this either.

You and your friends must find a way out of here and warn the school, Godric advised.

How? Albus replied, glancing over at Rose and Holly, who were unconscious. And what about Scorpius? We can't just leave him here under the control of that psycho!

Godric sighed and hesitated before saying solemnly, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do for Scorpius right now.

Albus was about to protest, but realized Godric was right. What could they do? Salazar was too powerful for them. As much as Albus wanted to save his best friend, he knew he, Rose, and Holly had a much bigger problem to attend to.

Footsteps echoed in the Room of Requirement, snapping him out of his thoughts, and he watched as Scorpius slowly walked over towards him. Salazar controlled Scorpius's body beautifully, making his legs take long, almost regal-like strides. Scorpius's grey eyes danced with mischief as he loomed over Albus, who was still unable to get up off the floor.

"So this is the brave reincarnation you chose, Godric?" Salazar inquired, then scoffed. "Pathetic."

Albus was about to reply when he felt his conscious being shoved back, making him groan in annoyance. Could he at least ASK if he wants to control my body? he thought.

"Why are you doing this, Salazar?" Godric's voice slipped through Albus's lips.

"I already explained myself," Salazar sneered. "As much as I hate that you, Helga, and Rowena have to be apart of this, I am not afraid to defend what is right. Even if that means getting rid of the three of you."

Albus regained control of his body and his eyes widened as Scorpius's wand was suddenly inches from his nose. His own wand had fallen out of his pocket when he was thrown into the wall, and lay several feet away from him. He was defenseless against Salazar's wrath.

Now would be an excellent time to tell me what to do before I get killed! Albus told Godric desperately.

When I say 'now', grab your friends! Godric ordered.

Salazar gave Albus a mock-pity look. "So sorry for this. Enjoy the afterlife, Godric. Avada-"

Now! Godric shouted.