Chapter 38: Living In The Moment

Scorpius was currently attempting to clean up his and Albus's room, which was mysteriously ransacked by Albus and Rose. He still didn't know what happened since Rose and Albus were immediately rushed to the hospital wing to check if they were alright. Several speculations and theories of what exactly happened kept playing through Scorpius's mind. It was obviously an accident, since it was also Albus's room. And surely he didn't mean to destroy the room. Plus, somehow, Rose was involved.

Or was she? Rose did point to Albus when Scorpius asked what happened. But why and how did Albus manage to break everything in the room? Then Scorpius thought about what happened to Holly, and how that occurred the very same day. Two weird occurrences in one day was definitely no coincidence.

It seemed the group of four was prone to strange things happening to them. Scorpius was afraid something might happen to him or Rose next. If Holly and Albus, the two most unlikely people to hurt anything or anybody, managed to cause damage to the school and almost hurt several people, then imagine what could happen next. What if Scorpius or Rose caused an earthquake or something else catastrophic? Anything could happen.

Scorpius was beginning to freak out. He needed to stop assuming that the worst case scenario will happen. Sighing with frustration, Scorpius willed himself to continue cleaning up the rubble all over the floor. All of his belongings that were either in his school trunk, desk, dresser, or bedside table were scattered about the room. Even the wooden pieces that supported Scorpius's bed was broken to bits.

He was too tired to try and remember the spell to repair everything.

Sighing again, Scorpius fell onto his non-supported, flat mattress and stared up at the ceiling. Then there was a small knock on the door, and he mumbled, "Come in."

The door opened slowly and Rose peeked her head inside, her eyes surveying the room. She winced as of she were apologizing for destroying it. Scorpius knew this wasn't her fault. He sat up and smiled at his girlfriend.

"Hey, are you alright? What did Madame Carmine say?" Scorpius asked her, his eyes seeing no bandages on her body. Thank goodness she wasn't injured.

Rose smiled. "Yes, I'm okay. Not even a scratch on me."

Scorpius stood up and walked over to Rose, pulling her small body to him and giving her a comforting hug. She always smelled like coconuts and fresh parchment.

"What about Al?" Scorpius whispered in Rose's ear.

Rose sighed. "He's still unconscious. Madame Carmine can't find anything wrong with him other than the cold that he has. She thinks him being ill has something to do with him fainting."

"Yeah, but that doesn't explain why this room is a wreck," Scorpius replied. "Can you explain what happened?"

"No one believed me when I told them," Rose muttered. "They just said I was in shock because of what happened to both Holly and Albus."

Today was one heck of a day, and even Scorpius was in shock too.

"Being in shock is expected," he told Rose. "But I'll believe you if you tell me what happened.

Rose sighed and explained everything. She had come to this room to check on Albus, and he happened to be really upset. Like, to the point of sobbing in absolute emotional pain, upset. Rose said she thought Albus was just exhausted from being sick, but she knew he was just worried about Holly. For a while, Rose stayed to comfort Albus, and that's when the weird stuff started happened.

Rose explained how everything in the room began levitating towards the ceiling, even the bed that she and Albus were sitting on. For a moment, Rose didn't know what was causing it, until she looked at Albus. His eyes had been glowing green and his face was paler than usual. When he unclenched his hands, everything that was floating fell to the floor. That would explain why everything was broken and scattered all over the place.

"So you think Albus somehow magically did all of this?" Scorpius asked Rose when she finished.

"It makes sense, doesn't it? We think Holly started the fire. This case isn't all that different from Holly's when you think about it." Rose had a point.

Scorpius needed to get something off his chest. "What if something weird happens to us next? Like, we magically destroy something, or worse?"

Rose pursed her lips, indicating that she was thinking. Then she replied, "I think we need to go talk to Professor McGonagall."

"What? Why?" Scorpius shook his head. "We don't even know if we're correct about this."

"Scor," Rose pleaded. "We can't just wait for something else to happen. What if you're right, and we're next? We can't risk that."

Scorpius knew he couldn't say no to her. Part of him agreed with her, and part of him really didn't want to make this seem like it was a huge deal. But this kind of was.

"It's past curfew, though," Scorpius reminded her. "And McGonagall is probably sleeping."

Rose's shoulders slumped. "You're right. Well, how about we go down to her office first thing in the morning before breakfast?"

Scorpius nodded. "Sure. But what will we say to her?"

Suddenly Rose put her finger against Scorpius's lips and shushed him. "You question me too much," she whispered. "I'm sleepy. Let's go to sleep."

Then Rose fell against the bed while she was holding Scorpius hand, which made him fall on the bed beside her. He blushed at how close they were.

"Rose, as much as I would love you to stay, you can't. We'd get in so much trouble," Scorpius told her. Another part of him was telling himself to shut up.

Rose rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on. Live a little." Then she curled up close to Scorpius and rested her head against his chest.

Scorpius didn't know who this rebellious, live-in-the-moment Rose Weasley was, but he didn't object to her. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her petite figure and rested his chin against her beautiful red hair. He sighed in content, just wanting to sleep next to Rose like this forever and not worry about what the universe could be planning for them next.

~ ~ ~

A sweet little Scorose moment there :) Hope you enjoyed chapter 38!

Remember to vote and comment what you thought please! Thanks for reading!