Chapter 44: Scorpius Finally Uses His New Powers

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Rose. You found out what, now?" Scorpius questioned his frantic girlfriend, who had just barged into his and Albus's room with a crumpled up letter in her hands. The feisty redhead was clearly angry about something, and the way she rambled on incomprehensibly showed it. Seriously, her face was almost as red as her hair!

Rose huffed in frustration, having to start her story from the beginning again. She handed the letter to Scorpius, who examined it with Albus as Rose explained it for a second time, "I found it hidden under a bowl on the kitchen table. Can you believe the nerve of Kingsley Shacklebolt? He's treating us like we're wanted criminals, for Merlin's sake!"

Scorpius's eyes skimmed over the letter, which was difficult to read since Rose had crumpled it up. His and Albus's eyebrows rose higher in unison as they read the ridiculous words upon the slip of parchment. Scorpius now understood Rose's anger.

"This is complete rubbish!" he exclaimed, staring at the letter in disbelief. "They can't treat us like this, can they?"

Albus wasn't as enraged by the predicament. "I get why this is upsetting, but don't forget that we are considered dangerous. We can't even use our magic properly. Maybe them taking us away to train us is for the best, you know?"

"Oh, don't be ridiculous, Albus!" Rose snapped, glaring at her cousin. "If the Ministry takes us away, we're as good as prisoners to them! Our parents are fully capable of training us themselves..." Rose's voice trailed off, and she crossed her arms over her chest glumly.

Scorpius stood up and walked over to Rose, slinging an arm around her shoulders comfortingly. "Don't worry, Rose. All of our parents are the best wizards for the job. They'll help us."

A small knock sounded at the door, and without a reply, Holly opened the door and peeked her head inside, her eyes lighting up as she spotted her friends. She hurriedly stepped inside to join them.

"Mine and Scorpius's parents are here, just so you know," Holly told them, then frowned when she noticed her friends' troubled expressions. "What's got all of you in a pickle?"

Rose sighed and explained the letter and situation to her. When she finished, Scorpius handed Holly the letter and let her look at it. After her curious eyes scanned the parchment, Holly stared at the floor in shock.

"T-They can't possibly do that to us!" She cried, throwing the letter on the floor. "Why weren't we told about this beforehand?"

"I just can't believe someone tried hiding the letter under that bloody bowl, as if we weren't going to find it!" Rose added, glaring at the letter that was now laying on the floor. No one dared to pick it up again.

"Our parents just don't want us to worry, that's why," Albus replied, earning a sharper glare from Rose. He was always trying to be the rational one.

Before Rose could yell at her cousin again, Scorpius interjected and said, "We deserved to know, Albus. After all, we're the problem here."

Albus nodded sadly, then looked at Holly. "Let's go greet yours and Scorpius's parents, shall we?"

Nobody objected to that, as everyone was eager to get their minds off of the Ministry and Kingsley Shacklebolt right now.

The four bounded down the stairs and walked into the living room of the Burrow, where each of their parents were sitting. Holly ran to her parents and jumped onto the couch on top of them, obviously happy to see them. Scorpius's mother stood up and rushed to him, giving him a quite embarrassing motherly hug. It'd been a while since Scorpius had seen his parents, ever since they were in the hospital, actually. His parents appeared healthy as ever, thank Merlin.

"Thank goodness you're alright," Astoria whispered in her son's ear as she rubbed the top of his hair affectionately. Scorpius closed his eyes, cherishing the amount of love his mother was expressing for him. When he opened his eyes, his father stood near them, tears brewing in his eyes. The torturing had taken a much tougher toll on Scorpius's father than his mother, so it was no wonder he was a bit hesitant to hug his son.

Scorpius pulled away from his mother and ran to his father, giving him a bone-crushing hug. His father was reluctant before he reciprocated, hugging back with equal force. Scorpius realized just how much he loved his family. He was too busy hugging his father and relishing the moment, that he didn't realize what strange magic he was causing.

"Scor!" his father gasped, snapping him out of the moment.

When Scorpius looked at his father, he wasn't there. What did he do?

"Dad?" he said, frozen in shock. Everyone in the room had fallen silent, in shock as well. Scorpius could feel his father's arms still wrapped around his shoulders, so at least he knew he was still there. He was just invisible...

"Scor, what did you do to your father?" Albus asked, bewildered.

"I...I turned him invisible?" Scorpius's reply came out as more of a question, not certain of how this happened. This was the first time Scorpius had shown any sign of abnormal magic, so he wasn't quite sure of what to do. All he did was hug his father!

But he was feeling extremely happy, which he remembered was a factor in causing his newfound powers to act up. Now Scorpius was immensely nervous and afraid, not knowing what to do to fix what he'd done. He just needed to calm down...

Scorpius took a deep breath, still holding his father. He ignored the shouts of commands from his mother, Rose, and the other adults in the room. Someone even tried casting a charm to fix Draco Malfoy's temporary invisibility, but it did nothing. Scorpius knew he needed to be the one to correct this.

He concentrated on directing his emotions. For some reason, he felt woozy, trying to actually use these certain new powers. Scorpius recalled his friends fainting after their first experiences with their powers, and he was determined not to do what they had done. After several deep breaths through his nose and mouth, his father slowly began reappearing. Everyone in the room stared at the scene with amazement.

"Scorpius..." Rose breathed in awe. "You just..."

"He's controlling his emotions, instead channeling his feelings into the magic," replied Harry, pride in his voice.

"I'm pretty sure he just demonstrated step one," said Hermione, smiling.

~ ~ ~

Sorry if this was confusing...I couldn't think of a cooler power mishap for Scorpius like the others had haha :p

Hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment, and share this story if you will! Thanks for reading!