Chapter 33: The Not-So-Best Day

This was the worst argument Albus had ever been in with Holly. They weren't the couple that usually fought a lot, but it happened, just like in any other relationship. Their previous worst fight ever was when they were just in first year over who won a wizard chess match. The two were only 11 at the time, so quarrels over stupid things weren't uncommon. And Albus couldn't forget the argument a year ago at Malfoy Manor, when Holly told him about her having cancer.

But this was different now.

Now they were arguing about the stupid red coat Albus had almost been forced to wear. A stupid coat! Holly was clearly overreacting, but Albus would never tell her that. She was obviously in one of her "moods." 

"Albus Severus Potter, you always object to everything I say!" Holly yelled, her fists balled up. 

"Holly, please don't yell at me!" Albus pleaded. "I didn't mean to upset you! We're fighting over a stupid coat!"

"I'm just worried, that's all! Can't a girlfriend be worried about her boyfriend?" Holly countered. 

Albus sighed. "Look, I already said this a hundred times already. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, I'll wear the stupid coat."

Holly crossed her arms and scowled. "I don't want to force you to do anything."

"Then what do you want, Holly?" Albus yelled, not meaning to. But this was getting ridiculous. 

Holly groaned in frustration. "Let's just go meet up with Rose and Scorpius, please." She made her way to the exit of her room, but before she stomped out the door, she added, "And don't come crying to me when you start freezing to death."

Let's just say that while the four friends hung out at the Three Broomsticks and sipped their butterbeers, Albus and Holly had to do a lot of acting to pretend they still weren't mad at each other.

* *

The weekend came to an end, and finally, Albus and Holly weren't angry at each other anymore. Some time apart helped, which felt odd to Albus since the couple were practically inseparable. Now, it was back to another grueling week of school. 

Albus honestly didn't want to get out of bed on Monday morning. Well, he didn't really feel like getting up on any morning, but especially not this one. Somehow, he'd acquired a common cold due to the seasons beginning to change. Now his nose was stuffed to its maximum and his head felt as if it were beginning to deflate like a balloon. Not a great way to start off a week of school.

On the other hand, Scorpius was wide awake on the other side of the boys' room, oddly cheery and full of energy. Albus hadn't seen his best mate this happy since he first started dating Rose.

"What's gotten you so happy?" Albus asked, then immediately groaned from the sinus pressure at the bridge of his nose. Whenever he opened his mouth, he felt like he was underwater.

Scorpius's head was in his school trunk, searching for something. "Didn't you hear, the last Quidditch match of the season is this Friday and James is letting me back on the team to play! The team is having an early morning meeting in 30 minutes." Then Scorpius shut his trunk to look at Albus, and gave him a momentary look of disgust. "Gosh, mate, you look terrible."

Albus smiled sarcastically, which hurt his face like hell. "Gee, thanks. I feel so much better about myself at the moment."

Scorpius grabbed his tie off the foot of his bed and wrapped it around his neck, beginning to tie it. As he did this, he replied, "Maybe you should go see the nurse, Al. You shouldn't have to suffer through school all day."

Albus knew he was right, but he couldn't afford to miss one day. The work pile on his desk across the room was dangerously high, and he really wanted to get it all done before summer. So, Albus sniffed and muttered, "I'm fine, Scor, I'm fine."

"Whatever you say," Scorpius said, smirking. Then he added, "Gotta go, see you during second period! The meeting is letting us skip our first class!"

Scorpius practically skipped out of the room, leaving Albus alone and feeling like his head was going to explode from the pressure. 

Eventually, Albus did get dressed and make his way down to his first class. Since he slept late, he unfortunately missed breakfast. Oh, did he regret that later during the day. 

During his first class, which was Transfiguration, even Rose and Holly pointed out that he looked dreadful. Since he was a 5th Year and the OWL's were just around the corner, the workload in Transfiguration, and also in all his classes, was quite demanding. McGonagall was not the type of teacher to let anyone slack off. The whole 'I Was In A Coma For A Year' excuse definitely had worn off on her by now. 

Albus obtained average grades in school, unlike Rose and Scorpius, who were neck-and-neck at the top of their class. Today was a day where, just to his luck, most of Albus's classes were having quizzes. Albus was in no shape to use his brain much, so he was basically screwed. And he got caught sleeping in Defense Against The Dark Arts too, so he had an hour detention after school with Professor Aberforth on Friday. Whoopee. 

The end of the day was such a relief. Albus almost had to crawl up the stairs to the boys' dormitories to get to his room. Going to sleep at supper time didn't seem like a bad idea at all. Once his head hit his pillow, he almost went straight to sleep...

Until his door flew open.

"Albus!" It was Lily.

"What do you want, Lily?" Albus yelled, smashing his face into his pillow. 

Lily was panting like she'd just run a mile. "We need to get out of the castle! The Hufflepuff common room and kitchen are on fire!" 

Albus eyes widened, and he flung the covers off of himself and followed Lily out of his room, following the herd of students trying to evacuate from Hogwarts as quickly as possible. 

~ ~ ~

Woah, another little plot twist.. Interesting ;)

Vote and comment what you thought! Thanks for reading!