Recording, Auditions, & Two Big Jerks

Chapter Seven:

I smiled over at Sebastian as I sang out the chorus. We were at the studio recording the first song we had finished. We were determined to get something done and had decided to spend a full day at the studio. Sebastian wasn't too keen on leaving me 'alone' and had opted to come along.

When we met, I didn't think

That I would fall so slowly

Before I knew it, I was in love

You are my one and only

Our love was nothing but

Bad timing and lust affairs

My heart just skipped a beat

When you told me you cared

I wish that our love story

Had a sweet and happy end

But now you call to tell me

That our story didn't even begin.

Confession lost in the crowd

Lovers lost and never found

You tell me you love me

Then tell it to a new lovely

I can't take it anymore

I've been knocking on your door

For you've gone and stolen my heart

You have kept us apart

But not I want it back

Please, just give it....BACK!

The music cut out and I smiled at the guys behind the glass. They gave us a thumbs up and we took off our headphones. We got out of the booth and waited for the verdict.

"That was great, you guys. It sounded really good. Who wrote this song?" Zeke asked us.

"It was a group effort," Gage answered. He thought that if he didn't contribute then Zeke would have then replaced. I wasn't too sure about that because they were good and Zeke hadn't need much persuasion to hire them but it could have been because I was his favorite. Skylar wasn't doing so well at selling hit albums. We heard a slow applause coming from the hall and then the person or persons came into the room. Speak of the devil and he will come.

"That was just lovely, Raven," Skylar said. Arabella laughed thinking he was trying to be funny. He glared at her and she stopped. "When will you sing with me again?" he asked with a sneer. Why had I ever thought he was attractive?

"I don't know, Skylar, I wouldn't want to tarnish--" I said but was rudely cut off.

"You wouldn't hurt my reputation one bit, dove," he said. I rolled my eyes. I disliked that nickname and he knew it.

"I was going to say that I didn't want to tarnish our reputation as a band. We are a rock band. We don't do that bubbly boy band crap that you are so popular for. Sorry," I informed him. Arabella scowled at me.

"We don't need her anyway, Sky," she cooed. He shrugged her off.

"If you haven't noticed, Bella, we haven't been hitting the top of the charts like this little song bird here," he told her. Wow, a compliment from the cocky Sky Landon? He must be desperate to sell something.

"If you are in that need of money, Sky," I said. He turned eager eyes to me. "Then get a second job." I shrugged as his let down expression.

"Get in the booth, Sky," Zeke ordered and Sky obeyed. "You four are free to go. I will see you some other time. Just call when you are ready to record again."