Izzy's Wedding

Chapter Forty-Nine:

"You need to tell him," Alex demanded. It had been a week since the text message and Alex was constantly pestering me to tell Sebastian what I knew. I sighed and turned away from him. It was hard to escape this gorgeous man, especially when he didn't want me to.

"You don't understand a damn thing, Alexander," I told him.

"Because you refuse to open up to me," he told me.

"You aren't my boyfriend. You are my best friend and you should just respect my decision and support me on it," I told him.

"Why won't you tell him," he asked me, pleading. I sighed. I was frustrated and tired of this same argument.

"Fine. The night I moved out, Sebastian had made it clear I was just his job. He came home six hours after leaving a note and I was worried about him. He accused me of acting like his wife and I know if I tell him that Bernard told me that Julia is helping him, that she will make it out like I'm just acting jealous again. I'm not going to look like a fool," I told him. I sighed, feeling a wave of nausea come over me.

"I think you should tell him either way," he told me. I shook my head, the nausea getting stronger. I covered my hand over my mouth and ran to the bathroom. I threw up everything I had eaten that day. What was wrong with me now? Maybe I was too stressed and had caught a bug. Alex brought me a glass of water and tucked me into bed. I was so exhausted I fell asleep within minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sure we've got everything ready," I told Izzy.

"I don't think so. I feel like I'm missing something," she told me. I sighed. She was always telling me something was wrong or something was off but she never knew what. I was sick and tired of being the made of honor.

"Well, discuss it with the planners. I'm exhausted and pretty sure you are warding me off of ever getting married myself," I told her.

"You would need a boyfriend to even think about marriage, love," she told.

"Well, that was just uncalled for," I told her. "I'm tired of talking about this wedding." I hung up and hoped she didn't call back. I was already on the verge of tears from her heartless reminder. I was loveless. I bet I couldn't keep a man if I tried. I was sick of feeling so lonely. I had what I wanted, a thriving career. The latest CD was still on the top of the charts and I was still working on my latest songs.

I was stressed with all this wedding talk and I wanted it to be over and done with. I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I wouldn't have pegged Izzy for a bridezilla but she was definitely verging on one. She had wanted to have the wedding before the premier but plans had fallen through and now she was in a hurry to get it all done before she had to move to Europe for six months. I was just annoyed with her trying to put off all her problems on me. I had enough on my plate as it was.

The wedding was only a couple days away though and I was glad for it. I had been fitted into my dress just the other day and I was eager to do this. I was hoping to just be done with wedding altogether but I couldn't be too hopeful, what with everyone finding happiness with their soul mates. I sighed, feeling another wave of nausea come over me. I slowly breathed through it. I wasn't going to throw up at the dress shop for my final fitting.

~~~~~~

"We are gathered here today, to join this woman and this man in holy matrimony," the pastor droned on. I wasn't sure why, but I hadn't been getting much sleep lately. I was basically a zombie and just going through the practiced motions on autopilot. The ceremony seemed to drag on and I was feeling faint. I swayed on my feet and one of the bridesmaids stopped me from falling over. I thanked her, while Izzy sent us both a glare.