Back To Reality

Chapter Forty-Six:

Caleb's POV:

Jaxon was beyond pissed when I had told him what Kim had stumbled upon. He wanted to know where she had gotten it and Kori was denying everything. I didnt believe a word that left her lips. She ended up taking off to let Jaxon cool down but of course Jaxon took off after her. I wanted this to be settled before Raven got back but it would seem things weren't going to go as smoothly as I had thought. After getting the call that they were on their way back, I knew that they would end up walking right into the middle of this mess.

*************

Raven's POV:

I sighed as I picked up my bag. I was glad to be back in Texas. It always felt more like home than California but I knew that I needed to be close to the guys and to work. The cab ride home was quiet, almost as if what had happened between us was a dream. I knew from my still sore abdomen that it wasn't I smiled as we pulled up to my best friend's house. I wondered what had gone down that Kadin had left because of but Keanu hadn't gotten much information on it. I knew it had something to do with Jaxon and Kori but I couldn't seem to care much about it.

We walked into the door to find people bustling about but nothing could overshadow the shouting match going on in the sitting room. I wasn't sure I wanted to interrupt the argument but Keanu's nosy ass didn't seem to care. He walked over to see what was going on. Mia and Caleb were there while Devlin kept Kori and Jaxon apart. The new 'couple', or whatever they were, were the ones arguing.

"Why do you have so much information about me, Kori," Jaxon demanded from her. She huffed and didn't look him in the eyes.

"I've told you this. I don't know what you are talking about. That bag isn't mine, no matter what that brat Kim says," Kori said.

"Don't call her that," I found myself saying. Jaxon startled at my voice and Kori rolled her eyes.

"You would be here right now," she muttered.

"This is my best friend's house," I told her. "Kim isn't a brat and she is the furthest thing from a liar. You on the otherhand, I can't be too sure about on that account."

"You know nothing about me, Raven. Oh, but I know everything about you, honey," she said and turned on me. "Let's see if I've got this right. Freshman year, you were tormented into obesity. You struggled for two years with losing your weight only to get teased some more. Reese popped your little cherry the same night your ex tried to manhandle you.

"Then you slept with Zane while on vacation only to find him at your school the following semester with a girlfriend, might I add. You fell hopelessly in love with Jaxon but it never happened between the two of you. Then you dated the celebrity bad boy Skylar Landon while trying to make something of yourself in the music business. What you never knew was that he was sneaking around with Arabella behind your back. Oh and then you dated a male stripper," she said proudly. She had closed the distance between us and I had since dropped my bag to the ground.

I didn't hesitate to react and maybe I overreacted just a tad bit but I didn't think so when I lunged at her. I knocked her to the ground as she pulled on my long tresses.

"Get off me you crazy slut," she yelled at me.

"Quit pulling my hair like a little bitch, skank," I yelled back. I could get a good swing in edgewise but when I did she would be knocked out. Instead all I could do was slap at her. I managed to get her to let go of my hair and then I pulled back and punched her in the face.

I got up and dusted myself off. I pulled my hair to the side and checked for any loose hair, thankfully she hadn't pulled too much out. I was surprised when I heard shouts and then suddenly felt a weight on my back. She had jumped me and effectively knocked me on my stomach. She had me in a weak headlock which I managed to get out of and I turned around underneath her and punched at her. She moved back away from my swing and fell off of me. I stood up and faced her, huffing from the pressure she had put on my torso.